Advice on Missing Person in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: Advice on Missing Person in Phnom Penh

Post by Hotdigr »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:09 pm Why is he nicknamed Hollywood if he's Australian? That sounds like a nickname a guy gives himself. Like T-Bone.
I've known a couple of Aussie "Hollywoods". Probably nicknamed for the same reason they are in the US - vain, shallow, self obsessed with their own looks. Some how the nickname "Coomera" wouldn't quite cut it I don't think! (the Aussies here will get the simile :wink: )
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

:O: ,
Hotdigr wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:26 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:09 pm Why is he nicknamed Hollywood if he's Australian? That sounds like a nickname a guy gives himself. Like T-Bone.
I've known a couple of Aussie "Hollywoods". Probably nicknamed for the same reason they are in the US - vain, shallow, self obsessed with their own looks. Some how the nickname "Coomera" wouldn't quite cut it I don't think! (the Aussies here will get the simile :wink: )
You couldn't accuse this fella of any of those sins. He's actually a gent.
I believe the name came about because his name is pronounced Edwoood locally, and the girls in his favourite bar made the hilarious connection to Hollywood.

Anyway, I'm glad you popped up, hotdigger, as having done my good deed for the year, it's time to go.about spending those annoying green numbers that appear beside posts.
I was wondering how best to do it and the two things that occurred were saying your sister's Yorkshire puddings could be a little lighter in the middle or perhaps writing the word forbidden
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Tim Linkinwater wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:54 pm :O: ,
Hotdigr wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:26 pm
You couldn't accuse this fella of any of those sins. He's actually a gent.
I believe the name came about because his name is pronounced Edwoood locally, and the girls in his favourite bar made the hilarious connection to Hollywood.

Anyway, I'm glad you popped up, hotdigger, as having done my good deed for the year, it's time to go.about spending those annoying green numbers that appear beside posts.
I was wondering how best to do it and the two things that occurred were saying your sister's Yorkshire puddings could be a little lighter in the middle or perhaps writing the word forbidden
LOL mate
1/ It wasn't meant to reflect on him as I'm sure you know! It was a dig at Macgavin, who thinks he knows everything about everything, but in fact knows jackshit about jackshit, as most lawyers do.
2/ My sis has been back in Oz for about 2 years now. 12 years here was enough for her. Nah, actually, her daughter hit school age and she wanted her to have an Ozzie education. Good idea imo! She gave up on yorkshire puddings after those nasty men fromm K440....... nah, not really, she is tougher then any of them by a fukn mile ay! Proved it many times too!
3/ As for spending your Karma points - I have enough for a box of matches, but I'm going to wait 'til I have enough for a 1000 riel cigarette lighter. I would advise you to do the same. Ah, the impetuosity of youth ay :plus1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic