Know of any tame stray cats?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Know of any tame stray cats?

Post by Username Taken »

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

There are usually lots of cats at Wats, as you know.

Why not get a mobile team activated to go to the cats themselves?
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

That's me. I'm the mobile team. (Apparently.)

A "clipped ear" means you don't see the usual pointy end of the ear, because it's gone, because it's been clipped. (This is the signal that non-profit trap-neuter-release programs use to communicate with each other that the cat in question has already been spayed or neutered. So if a cat has a clipped left ear, we don't need to worry about it.)

This is a trap-neuter-and-return drive, not an adoption drive. Any cat collected from point X will be returned to point X when he or she has recovered from surgery.

The collection aspect is being handled by volunteers (?-AKA "mobile units"-?) like myself. As volunteer representatives of ARC, who will in turn have vets in place to perform the surgeries.

If you know of a tame, no-owner cat, with no missing part of his her or her left ear, please let me know.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

BTW, UsernameTaken, is that a photo of a tame, no-owner cat with intact ear-pointies? If so, would you like to PM me the location?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

The location is on the internet, a google image search for 'cat spade' and that came up.

The reason why I thought of that is because a long, long time ago, I recall a working class woman telling me that she had had 'the cat spaded'. So every time someone mentions 'spayed' it reminds me of that time so long ago.

btw, I'm a cat guy. I can even speak cat.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Oh, of *course* -- spade cat. He could even have his own meme, couldn't he? "Spade Cat says, 'your argument is invalid'."
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

Why don't you leave the cats alone ?
Cats like fucking and fighting.
Rogue
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by Rogue »

Let me chat up some folks. I'll hit you back.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Rogue wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:37 am Let me chat up some folks. I'll hit you back.
Yay!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic