Online dating in SE Asia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Online dating in SE Asia

Post by Duncan »

StroppyChops wrote:You're making assumptions... funny ones.

This is for you, put it in the 'bank':

I would go for that girl with the [black] dark eyes
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I like the mysterious one.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

I used ThaiLoveLinks and it was good. Met a few good women thought it. It depends what a person is after. If it's free sex, then I wouldn't recommend it. But for getting to know someone, their life, meeting their friends, and seeing the non tourist side of their city, then it's good. Sex is part of it, but some just became friends and I didn't try for it.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Here is a heartbreaking example of a filipina dating profile on one dating website, except this one is pregnant while many others have a kid or two already, but still only age 19 or 20. This girl is 18.

jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

Joon wrote:The only one that did it for me is free for all and payment is only for upgrade. So no limitations on messages (except for the inbox size of 300 messages something). Upgrade allows for more criteria search, larger inbox size, and visiting profiles invisibly. But because this particular site puts a focus on personal opinions and expressing oneself instead of relying on pictures and quantity, the search is more tedious, but yields better hits and more successful relationships.
Though, it all really depends on what each person is looking for.
That sounds like okcupid ;)
Mooser
Expatriate

Post by Mooser »

I have found that many philipinos were scammers, asking for money, plane tickets etc.
Asking for their email and more pictures and suddenly, no more answers.
The Vietnamese seem much more conservative, as a previous poster says, and more educated, better off, and stay more within their age group.
The Thais are all over the page.
My friend uses the thai sites, he is 60, average looking guy,and has them lined up. Unreal.
Some are very nice young lady's from high end thai family's .Most are quite average ladies but seem to gravitate to retired foreign men.
My gal works in a bar restaurant in Thailand, very nice lady, and just met another that manages, high end hotels across Thailand. Only used the sites a few times.
Mt current gal checks the sites to see if I am active on them. She ain't stupid.
But with so many choices its hard to resist. I am not ready to settle down yet. :evil:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Mooser wrote:I have found that many philipinos were scammers, asking for money, plane tickets etc.

Asking for their email and more pictures and suddenly, no more answers.
The Vietnamese seem much more conservative, as a previous poster says, and more educated, better off, and stay more within their age group.
The Thais are all over the page.
My friend uses the thai sites, he is 60, average looking guy,and has them lined up. Unreal.
Some are very nice young lady's from high end thai family's .Most are quite average ladies but seem to gravitate to retired foreign men.
My gal works in a bar restaurant in Thailand, very nice lady, and just met another that manages, high end hotels across Thailand. Only used the sites a few times.
Mt current gal checks the sites to see if I am active on them. She ain't stupid.
But with so many choices its hard to resist. I am not ready to settle down yet. :evil:
For me, there is one thing that kills a relationship at the beginning, and that is when the girl starts asking for stupid amounts of money and giving a even more stupid reason as to why she needs it.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

quite a few normal girls on asiandating.com from Phnom Penh.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

jaclu wrote:
Joon wrote:The only one that did it for me is free for all and payment is only for upgrade. So no limitations on messages (except for the inbox size of 300 messages something). Upgrade allows for more criteria search, larger inbox size, and visiting profiles invisibly. But because this particular site puts a focus on personal opinions and expressing oneself instead of relying on pictures and quantity, the search is more tedious, but yields better hits and more successful relationships.
Though, it all really depends on what each person is looking for.
That sounds like okcupid ;)
I dare you to find me ;)
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

OK , just bumping this, cause I recently signed on to a FilipinoCupid.com site for curiosity and am now getting dozens of messages everyday from girls who want to meet a 71 year old ,,,, because of my good looks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic