American Kyle Robert Mills, 25, Dies in Siem Reap Hotel

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

American Kyle Robert Mills, 25, Dies in Siem Reap Hotel

Post by prahocalypse now »

The 25-year-old American Kyle Robert Mills was found dead in his room at the Lux D hotel in Siem Reap.

The cause of death is unknown.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Kyle Robert Mills, 25, Dies in Siem Reap Hotel

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap, Cambodia News: A citizen from the United States was found dead in his room at 8:50 am on 30 November 2018 at Lux D Hotel, Group 7, Wat Bo Village, Siem Reap City.

The body of Kyle Robert Mills, a 25-year-old American, was discovered in his hotel room and this was reported to the Siem Reap police immediately by hotel staff this morning. The cause of death is still being investigated by police.
RIP and condolences to the family.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

Edit
Members have requested that speculation regarding cause of death be factual.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

The competent authorities say that the cause of death is heart attack and this may have resulted from using sleeping pills.
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

What a sad, sad thing. 25 years old. I'm so sorry for the family. RIP.

Wish people entering the KOW could read some of these tragedies before they arrived here....
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap: After receiving information from hotel staff, the police force came to investigate the case of a US citizen who was found dead in his room on November 30, 2018.
The police chief said that the victim, named KYLE ROBERT MILLS, American, male, born 1992, entered the Kingdom of Cambodia on November 27, 2018 at the Siem Reap International Airport, and was staying at Room 321 of Lub-D Hotel, Wat Bo Village, Sangkat Siem Reap.

After examination, the competent authorities and Dr. Ith Chhour Chhoeun concluded that the deceased died from a heart attack caused by the use of sleeping pills.
Currently, the body is placed at the Khmer Soviet Friendship Hospital (Phnom Penh Hospital) at the request of the US Embassy representative.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Jesus, another one? I was 67 today and had far too good a time in Cambodia for far too long and never came close to killing myself. But young people find ways to kill themselves all over the world.
A schoolie on the Gold Coast high on nitrous oxide fell off a balcony to his death yesterday.
RIP
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Cinnamoncat wrote:What a sad, sad thing. 25 years old. I'm so sorry for the family. RIP.

Wish people entering the KOW could read some of these tragedies before they arrived here....
Yep!
Dont visit Cambodia, you might die!
Great call!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

Barang chgout wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:48 pm
Cinnamoncat wrote:What a sad, sad thing. 25 years old. I'm so sorry for the family. RIP.

Yep!
Dont visit Cambodia, you might die!
Great call!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Actually, the message needed is quite different to this.

In my eight years living there, I nearly died twice (came close, tbh), and I wasn't even trying.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

WTF would you be taking sleeping pills at 25yr old,i tried them when i was 52,fuck that the headache was worse than any hangover i ever had of beer the next morning.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic