Landmarks and General stuff to do in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Landmarks and General stuff to do in Phnom Penh

Post by frank lee bent »

back on topic, silk island is worth a visit, and so is Oudong- both easy day trips
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:53 pm back on topic, silk island is worth a visit, and so is Oudong- both easy day trips
I like Oudong, it's very cool, but never did the trip to Silk Island.
Feeling lazy. Is there a link on how to get there ? Ferry leaves from ? Thanks.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i just hop in a tuktuk who uses the ferry
geordiesky
Expatriate
Kazakhstan

Post by geordiesky »

I actually rented a place for the weekend on Silk Island.
Best night out I ever had. Service was excellent. I have no complaints. However I did feel somewhat isolated on this spot.

It was not.. how you say? Very convenient.
I mean try saying that to someone who is looking for tampons at three in the morning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

geordiesky wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:13 pm I actually rented a place for the weekend on Silk Island.
Best night out I ever had. Service was excellent. I have no complaints. However I did feel somewhat isolated on this spot.

It was not.. how you say? Very convenient.
I mean try saying that to someone who is looking for tampons at three in the morning.
Hi Geordiesky,
Would you mind posting more about your trip to Silk Island ? I have to entertain guests very soon and am looking for something to do. I've never been there, so it would be good to have your first hand experience and I'm sure others would also be interested.
So yeah, did you do that through an agent, where did you stay, how much, what to do etc ? :dm: Thanks
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Good to see Geordiesky replied and offered the information requested.................. Bit hard to provide photos and info if you have never been to Silk Island or for that matter Cambodia?

An I wrong Geordiesky,?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic