Loans for expats?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: Loans for expats?

Post by TheGrinchSR »

jkindle wrote:
jkindle wrote:Workplace has already spent a lot helping me complete things such as a new passport for me and can't advance.
My fault, I see where the confusion is now. I had some grammatical mistakes in my previous post, my passport was expired, it had already been renewed.

As for the visa and passport being valid, okay, maybe I was an "illegal resident" for a month then. Now can we go back on topic regarding the loans, please? Are there really no places to get "non-shady" loans for proper working people and not backpackers?
The only places you are likely to get a loan is a pawnshop against value of goods secured by them for the period of the loan or your mates. Banks won't touch expats without property to borrow against (and those loans are both poor value and extremely limited). Credit cards in the Kingdom require a cash deposit which they then lend a bit of back to you... which makes them pretty crappy too.

Really, you live in a foreign country - you offer a high flight risk and no evidence of regular income (because you're just starting a job), what sane institution would lend you money?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
jkindle
Tourist

Post by jkindle »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
jkindle wrote:
jkindle wrote:Workplace has already spent a lot helping me complete things such as a new passport for me and can't advance.
My fault, I see where the confusion is now. I had some grammatical mistakes in my previous post, my passport was expired, it had already been renewed.

As for the visa and passport being valid, okay, maybe I was an "illegal resident" for a month then. Now can we go back on topic regarding the loans, please? Are there really no places to get "non-shady" loans for proper working people and not backpackers?
The only places you are likely to get a loan is a pawnshop against value of goods secured by them for the period of the loan or your mates. Banks won't touch expats without property to borrow against (and those loans are both poor value and extremely limited). Credit cards in the Kingdom require a cash deposit which they then lend a bit of back to you... which makes them pretty crappy too.

Really, you live in a foreign country - you offer a high flight risk and no evidence of regular income (because you're just starting a job), what sane institution would lend you money?
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I have had regular income in Cambodia for about a year and I am currently transitioning to a new job (so about 2 months of no income total). Yes, I understand there is some risk for them there. That's why I figured collateral may be a good idea. Didn't know that they were only willing to do it with property to borrow against, never had experience with money loans here before. Good to know anyways.
steve.sheps
Tourist
Vietnam

Post by steve.sheps »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:50 am Send me a PM with more details about how much you need and for how long and I'll try to direct you to a place.
Bitte_Klein_Lexus i know this is an old post and i searched to look for help on this but cant pm you as i am new here.is there anyway of contacting you if you could point me in the right direction for help regards an emergency loan for 1 week here in PP. Thxs
steve.sheps
Tourist
Vietnam

Post by steve.sheps »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:50 am Send me a PM with more details about how much you need and for how long and I'll try to direct you to a place.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus do you still know anyone who could assist in a one week emergency loan? More than willing to make it worth there while.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic