Rory's Pub- whatever happened?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Rory's Pub- whatever happened?

Post by BklynBoy »

The 2nd time I visited Cambodia-- before getting an apartment I stayed at Rory's Pub and met the owner Chad. - Around 2011 or so. THere was another guy whose name I forget ..Kinda big with a bald head and think he managed a bar after in GSM

Anyway was curious if Chad went back to Seattle? I remember he was married to a khmer woman.

Any news?

thanks
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Rory's Pub- whatever happened?

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I went there in late 2012, maybe again in 2013. I remember the big guy you’re referring to who moved over to GSM for a bit and no idea from there.

I was under the impression it was for sale at some point but no idea if it sold or when.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

http://www.phnompenhbar.com/listings/fo ... hnom-penh/

Looks like asking $65k. Guess it changed name if it sold as it’s listed as permanently closed on google.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: Chad sold the bar about 3 yrs back,he is about usually stops at lonestar when in town. :hattip:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

My memory is terrible but I met Chad sometime this month at Larry's so reach out to him if you want to meet because he's probably still in PP like right now.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

He's here multiple times each year, but right now is in the US. I met him myself on his most recent jaunt.

He sold Rory's to some couple who changed the name and decor and opened a "gay friendly" guesthouse and bar.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Thanks everyone for the info!

Good to hear he is ok...
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Ran into Chad couple weeks ago too. He's building a house out in K Speu.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic