Foreigners Detained in Phnom Penh Traffic Crackdown

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: Foreigners Detained in Phnom Penh Traffic Crackdown

Post by Captain Bonez »

One day this kind of action from the police might spread further than just 1 roundabout in the whole of the city[/sarcasm]
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
jmagic
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jmagic »

Flat billed cap. Don't be that guy. :voilent1:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

onico wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:30 pm I am afraid of overdose.
It's people like you who are responsible for the decline of zebra crossings. Shame on you!
Daniel Gillard
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Daniel Gillard »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:55 pm Seven vehicles were detained by traffic police at Independence Monument on 2 June.
11:27 pm 2 June 2018 54
Phnom Penh: Lt. Col. Kuy Yi, Deputy Inspector of Police Daun Penh, said that on June 2, 2018, from 07.00 am to 22:00, the Commanding Unit of Daun Penh District, in cooperation with Phnom Penh Police Chief of Police, held an all day traffic control operation to apprehend drivers who were driving in the wrong direction around Independence Monument roundabout.

According to the Deputy Inspectorate, a total of seven vehicles were seized by police, including 1 motorbike and 3 tuk tuks. They have been sent to the Capital Police Office of Phnom Penh Police Commissariat to follow instructions.
An all-day operation and they managed to seize 7 vehicles for driving violations, including driving the wrong way...at the Independence roundabout ? These fine police officers clearly need a visit to Specsavers :lol: I have to weave around about 7 people driving the wrong damned way at every traffic light I drive through! Down in Boeng Tampun, I'm regularly directed to perform illegal u-turns on 271 by the traffic police... :ROFL: I love the bedlam and chaos of driving here. Wouldn't change it for the world.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic