American SHAWN DANIEL SANCHEZ Arrested for Murdering Cambodian Massage Girl by Slitting Her Throat in Kep, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Invictus
Tourist
United States of America

Re: American SHAWN DANIEL SANCHEZ Arrested for Murdering Cambodian Massage Girl by Slitting Her Throat in Kep, Cambodia

Post by Invictus »

I have it on good source that he is still sitting in jail in Kep.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American SHAWN DANIEL SANCHEZ Arrested for Murdering Cambodian Massage Girl by Slitting Her Throat in Kep, Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:11 pm
Captain Bonez wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:37 pm 9 months later and no news? No pictures of him going to court or anything. Reckon the guy paid some serious cash to get out?
Either that or the court system is just rolling along at the usual slow pace. They lawyers can fuck around for years delaying shit as long as they get paid. Sooner or later the funds might run out though.
hope the later is true.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Still nothing on this.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Would a possible scenario be that the first night he went there to get a massage from her maybe he didn't get the service he asked for and may have been agreed to, so he went back the next night with a little more intimidation and force?

I can see a scum like that getting all bent out of shape and wanting to exact revenge on a girl because he couldn't get laid (in Cambodia, even)!! Stupid, all he'd have had to do was stroll through Riverside and Wat Phnom and he'd probably have saved some money, and a ton of hassle and headlines.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Does anyone have an update on this murder?

I arrived KEP the day after this happened. Was upsetting to find the news after walking by the (closed) massage place.

Was wondering what happend to this scumbag.
What, Me worry?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kampuchia Crumbs wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:16 am Does anyone have an update on this murder?

I arrived KEP the day after this happened. Was upsetting to find the news after walking by the (closed) massage place.

Was wondering what happend to this scumbag.
One would hope they took him out back and shot him

But I reckon he paid his way out, he never went to trial, was never convicted and it's over four years later
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic