What events and prominent dates for 2019?

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: What events and prominent dates for 2019?

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:40 pm There's also 4/5/6 February - Chinese New Year, not an official holiday but in practice it is.
Agree. This year, Chinese New Year starts on 5 Feb 2019, which is a Tuesday, so I'd say the whole week will be a holiday for a lot of Cambodians. It's not official, but its like a mini-Khmer NY. Travel is frantic and accommodation is overpriced. The (unofficial) 3 day holiday may last all week.
The weekend before the 5th and the Monday will be bad days for traveling out of Phnom Penh I think. It's not a big deal, but I'd avoid traveling around those dates if you have a choice.

As for Sihanoukville, who Knows ? A lot of Chinese workers might be going home to China for that week and so it might be a quiet time here. Or not. We'll see.
Or there may be mass tour groups of Chinese tourists on holiday at the seaside. :evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic