It was a quiet afternoon an hour ago.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

It was a quiet afternoon an hour ago.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

A Malaysian guy and his girlfriend moved into the studio flat next to mine where we share a common wall, our entry doors are also only a couple of feet apart. An hour ago she lets out repeated screams of the type that sounds as if she's getting murdered. I belted on their door hard with a guy around thirty and stocky build answering. I couldn't see the girl over his shoulder into the room and yelled at him "Where's the girl ? he says "Don't worry, everything's OK" I yelled at him again "Where's the fucking girl?" He opens the door further and calls the woman forward and she seems OK other than tears and messy hair.

I fucking hate domestic violence and its perpetrators as much as I hate sticking my nose into other people's business, but what do you do? The girl says to me "It's OK, It's OK." It's obvious the guy is pissed off with me as he's looking me up and down with complete contempt. It feels as if he's weighing up his chances while I've got my finger in his face warning him if I hear anything like that again I'll call the police. There are strict laws in Malaysia for Muslim unmarried couples caught sharing accommodation and I can only assume that this was resting on him pretty heavily as ten minutes later I saw him and his suitcase heading off down the road.

I'm glad he wasn't a complete lunatic and fancied himself.

Fuckers.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: It was a quiet afternoon an hour ago.

He came back! The woman beater returned earlier today and within an hour started with his violence again. This time I had some support with a dutch guy that stays here as well, us both confronting him (the dutch guy also heard the carry on and came out at the same time). The perp was told in no uncertain terms that it might be a good idea he hit the road again. This time he got a bit shouty with threats of who he knows in immigration and the police, what he's going to do, he'll be waiting for us, is going to get us etc.

Unbeknown to me and the dutch guy a Singaporean chap that also has a place here contacted the owner of the building yesterday and again while this new episode was going on. The owner arrived not long after the guy left, kicked both of them out (even though the guy was already gone), changed the security code to the building, offered monetary compensation (which we declined), and was apologetic and rather good about it all, it has to be said.

It's been revealed the woman beater is a Malaysian police officer who is having an affair, and the woman, his mistress, is employed at the local immigration office.

I'm back to Australia Thursday and I have to say I won't miss the noise and drama one jot!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Come on, you will totally miss it!!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

His contact in immigration he threatened to have you deported by was the woman he was beating. Nice.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:51 pm Come on, you will totally miss it!!
Nothing like "getting large" when your "getting large" days should be well and truly behind you. My periodic returns to the region in the future will now involve the lapping waters of a quiet beach (if there are any left)living at least fifty metres from any intrusion whatsoever.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Damn shame K-fu h. This post differs entirely from the spirit of your earlier post on an idyllic life in Malaysia. The owner of the building seems like a top bloke though. Happy travels and thanks for the videos.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

taabarang wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:05 pm Damn shame K-fu h. This post differs entirely from the spirit of your earlier post on an idyllic life in Malaysia. The owner of the building seems like a top bloke though. Happy travels and thanks for the videos.
Up until the last couple of days I've enjoyed living in Johor Bahru. But, it's Southeast Asia and sooner or later you know something will shatter the peace.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I'm back to Australia Thursday and I have to say I won't miss the noise and drama one jot!

Cool!
Realised a life in S,E,A, is not for you.
Well done.
Enjoy Oz!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

They were just having rough sexy time ... :facepalm:
Don't forget the water buffalo
k*rm*geddon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by k*rm*geddon »

Kayve wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:10 pm They were just having rough sexy time ... :facepalm:
That was my initial take on it too.
But the OP was the one who heard and was best able to differentiate, and there were her tears and the deep concern of others in the building.
It is to be noted though that the female seems not to have laid a complaint and is still tagging along with the guy.
MY 99 CENT KINDLE: ... 1974 TRAVEL IN THAILAND, CAMBODIA AND SOUTH VIETNAM : http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXPLAINING-CAMB ... B00L0LC8TO
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic