TI into ordinary E visa w/out leaving cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Gregor01
Tourist
Germany

TI into ordinary E visa w/out leaving cambodia?

Post by Gregor01 »

dear all

i’m here on TI visa 30 days. did already my one 30 days extension.
i know i can do a visa run and apply for EG or EB at the border and will get EI when i come with no papers.
know also i hv another 30 days then to apply for EG/EB from inside cambodia.

my question, can i avoid the visa run?
can i apply for E without leaving the country after my 2nd 30 days of TI runs out?

just want to stay until may19 and try to avoid further runs as a tourist, so i need a 6 month E visa.

thanks and cheers
G.
Gregor01
Tourist
Germany

Re: TI into ordinary E visa w/out leaving cambodia?

Post by Gregor01 »

sorry had a typo
just fixed
i’m talking about EB/EG visa i want to apply for, not as in previous version written ER.
i’m just 40, no retirement yet :)
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

can not convert tourist (T) to ordinary visa (E).

you need to do a border run.

you only get an EI at entry good for one month, then get an EG or EB extension.
Gregor01
Tourist
Germany

Post by Gregor01 »

LaudJohn wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:59 pm can not convert tourist (T) to ordinary visa (E).

you need to do a border run.

you only get an EI at entry good for one month, then get an EG or EB extension.
can i get EG for 6 month directly at the border (land border, vietnam) without EI before? so i would save the costs for EI.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

No ...EG is an EOS (extension of stay) category of the E-type Visa. EOS's cannot be obtained on arrival, they are all processed at the Dept. of Immigration in PP.

Also, there is no such thing as an EI Visa, it is the E-type (Ordinary) Visa, nor is there a TI Visa, it is the T-type (Tourist) Visa.
Gregor01
Tourist
Germany

Post by Gregor01 »

Ok got it, thanks.

Called them TI and EI cause thats how they’re in my (and a friends) passport.
EI/TI followed by a number
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Gregor01 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:31 pm Called them TI and EI cause thats how they’re in my (and a friends) passport.
EI/TI followed by a number
All Visa and EOS's issued by the DoI have an individual number, starting with the Visa type ie. "E", "T", "K", etc....followed by the letter "I" which indicates it was issued by the DoI...followed by numbers ie. TI1234567, KI1234567, so on and so on.

Visas and EOS's issued by the MoFAIC (whether in Cambodia or at an Embassy/Consulate abroad) have a number with the letter "F" instead of "I", ie. BF1234567, EF12345657, AF1234567,etc...
Gregor01
Tourist
Germany

Post by Gregor01 »

Ok i see
Thanks for enlighten me!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic