why so much disrespect for those recently passing

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

why so much disrespect for those recently passing

Post by phuketrichard »

Be they dying of a drug overdoes, cancer, jumping off a building, accident..
Why is there so much shit on here?
Often CEO post death info before many of the passers relatives, friends, might even know, so it shows up when they search their names

They were all someones son, brother, father, ( yes seems mostly males seem to die in Cambodia)
Think about what you want ur relatives & friends to read about your life.
Think about it next time you post shit.
Show some respect or dont post at all.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: why so much disrespect for those recently passing

Post by bobsboots »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:56 pm Be they dying of a drug overdoes, cancer, jumping off a building, accident..
Why is there so much shit on here?
Often CEO post death info before many of the passers relatives, friends, might even know, so it shows up when they search their names

They were all someones son, brother, father, ( yes seems mostly males seem to die in Cambodia)
Think about what you want ur relatives & friends to read about your life.
Think about it next time you post shit.
Show some respect or dont post at all.

Well said.
I come from the same town as Michael Hyslop but have never met the guy. 2 days ago I sent messages to family in Plymouth and one cousin tracked down his family and contacted them. No reply.
Now, when I go to the CEO thread to find out the latest news on Michael, all I see is a debate about fucking Swiss watches.
How disrespectful and ridiculous is that ?
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

It is good to know which Swiss watch is the best.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

I’m very sorry Richard. I’m new and I didn’t realise this was your forum and you made the rules about what you think is acceptable.

I made a comment about watches because a post he made was posted (my someone who does own the forum) and I simply commented on it.

Plus the guy isn’t dead but well done for jinxing him.

You seem to like to get outraged on other people’s behalf.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

OK, so no more comments and conspiracy theory s on the disappearance of MH370 and the 239 people aboard the plane, cause it's disrespectful to talk about them before their bodies have been recovered and they have had a proper burial. . Should we include the millions that have died in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq and Palestine who have died from bombings and their families have never had the opportunity to say goodbye before the news of their deaths were reported on the world news media. Where are we supposed to start and finish on comments on those that die and who is big enough to say , this is how it should be.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

It's definitely been bad lately. I know we get so used to people dropping like flies, but we need to remember that friends and family read CEO quite often when they pass. We have the DarkNet for more speculation, etc, but we should also start removing posts that are over the top. I hate to say this, but it's probably better if we just delete them instead of making an announcement every time we make a decision, as some topics would look pretty messy. If you posted on a death topic and it goes missing, you can assume we deleted it, and you can easily contact us if you are really clueless as to why it was deleted.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

davegorman wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:35 pm I’m very sorry Richard. I’m new and I didn’t realise this was your forum and you made the rules about what you think is acceptable.

I made a comment about watches because a post he made was posted (my someone who does own the forum) and I simply commented on it.

Plus the guy isn’t dead but well done for jinxing him.

You seem to like to get outraged on other people’s behalf.
Richard doesn't own the forum and he doesn't make the rules. However, he is a member and has every right to say what he has posted.

We used to pride ourselves at being a self-moderating forum. You know, a place where people actually think before hitting submit.

Newer members who constantly post crap will quickly be branded a troll. I hope you're not one of them.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

I reported my own post (on the other thread) and then you gave me negative karma, or whatever it’s called.

Is that what trolls do?

Nice. Merci.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

That’s you isnt it Richard. Is that ok? To make a joke in a thread about two people dying?

Hypocrite.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wow good on ya to dig up something posted a year ago
which btw, is from a song by jimmy soul titled "if you want to be happy"

how long did that take ya to find???
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic