Importing a used gilera runner

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
Jay2fruity
Tourist

Re: Importing a used gilera runner

Post by Jay2fruity »

Jerry Atrick wrote:Bring it in if you want.

It will cost a % of the book value of a scooter within it's category, as outlined in Cambo import tax documents.

Actual value or price paid is unrelated to this.

For reference; the last vehicle I imported was a 1200cc muscle bike, & I paid ~$1100 import duty.
Thanks for that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:57 pm Scooters are significantly cheaper in Cambodia than in the UK, up to about 3x. Just buy yourself something fancy for less than you paid for this new.
Exactly i just googled the price of a 125 cc Gilera runner in the uk, 900 pounds for a ten year old model :shock:
They have a few bad features imo for getting around in Phnom Penh. Fully automatic, 2 stroke 12in wheels. I asume it has a front disk which is essential here.

You can buy a brand new Yamah Spark for around $1200, which includes free servicing for a while, and they do all the reg etc for you. The bike is fuel injected, 4 stroke SOHC, 4 speed gearbox and automatic clutch, 17in wheels, front disk and 114 cc 13.49 hp at 7750 rpm. They are a very quick bike, but if you want something bigger you can get a NVX 155 cc or similar with dual disks but it will cost you more . :D

Jay2fruity
Tourist

Post by Jay2fruity »

It is originally a 125 but it has a 172 kit on it which makes it a rocket of the mark,the one I am buying is actually 2.5k(uk) as they are rare to find in a good condition and with the 172 kit.
There isn't much that beats them off the mark.

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Not much beating to do in gridlock
Jay2fruity
Tourist

Post by Jay2fruity »

frank lee bent wrote:Not much beating to do in gridlock
I do alot of riding out of town also but i know what mean

Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:13 pm Not much beating to do in gridlock
He's obviously not going to use it around Phnom Penh :D
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Gilera is a Piaggio brand, I would go to the dealership here and ask them if they can get spares for it.
There was a change in the law this year regarding foreigners registering used bikes, Basically that you can't. I don't know if it's being followed or not. Good luck and send over a Saturno for me.
up to you...
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

No dice on the local dealer and anything related to Euro market Piaggios. I have a Euro market Piaggio that's been impossible to find parts for here, so upkeep always requires a care package from home.

Again, just don't do it. No one knows 2 strokes over here, you're just asking for trouble with that scooter. But if you're wondering, it's was roughly $450 import duty for my 125cc Piaggio.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic