Swiss Expat DANIEL EIGENSATZ Dies in Cambodia at Home on Phnom Penh's Riverside

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Swiss Expat DANIEL EIGENSATZ Dies in Cambodia at Home on Phnom Penh's Riverside

Post by prahocalypse now »

An unnamed foreigner (later identified as Daniel Eigensatz) has died in the home of either a drug dealer or a pharmacist (I'm not sure) on St. 163, Phsar Kandal, Daun Penh.

The cops suspect murder.

A woman near the scene says the victim was a foreigner.

Judging by the size of the bodybag, the victim was overweight.

prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Foreigner Dies in Daun Penh Drug Dealer/Pharmacist's Home

It could be St. 136.

Does anyone recognise this building?
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

It sounds like the foreigner, who was a long-term resident, was dead for quite a while because the neighbour's say there was a bad smell coming from the apartment.
https://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/article/739278.html
PhnomPenhPat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by PhnomPenhPat »

That's street 136 alright, street 163 is over by Russian market.
Sad to see someone found that way,but not entirely unexpected.
They should also do a clean up of GSM and Poom Dop ( slum area behind Newcastle hotel and Heart of Darkness club. There are a few homeless alco junkies there that need to be removed for there own good. It's best deport them than find the body..at least that way they can get some help to sort out their life.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: At 10:30 am November 23, 2018, a foreigner is reported to have died in his rented room on Street 136, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh. The neighbors called the local authorities after they noticed a smell coming from the lodging, and after police arrived on the scene they confirmed that the body had been there for some time and had begun to deteriorate. An investigation into the cause of death is underway.

The deceased is said to have lived there for a long time and was known to be cheerful and smiling.
The body has been taken to Steung Meanchey pagoda while the authorities contact the family. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: i know a guy who is large who lives down there,works on the riverside as the front man for the restraunt on the next street from 136st,pray its not him. :please:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

PIEMAN wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:19 pm :beer3: i know a guy who is large who lives down there,works on the riverside as the front man for the restraunt on the next street from 136st,pray its not him. :please:
I'm afraid it's exactly who you think it is. Daniel Eigensatz who works at La Croisette?

From his own Facebook:

"R.I.P.
It is with regret that we communicate the death of DANIEL

We just found he in his house, police take his body and sent to Pagoda, where waiting for Family, relatives or Friends.

We want to contact his Family to inform.
We still don't have next step.

Wrote by La Croisette Team
that is find in mourning for his death.
Any contact please come to La Croisette, St144
or pm Chef Eder Silva"

ImageImageImageImageImage

And the same person who told CEO who this was also said the landlord is a pharmacist not a drug dealer.

RIP Daniel
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Swiss Expat DANIEL EIGENSATZ Dies in Cambodia at Home on Phnom Penh's Riverside

Post by PIEMAN »

:o the grim reaper strikes again :assasin:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Swiss Expat DANIEL EIGENSATZ Dies in Cambodia at Home on Phnom Penh's Riverside

Post by Arget »

PIEMAN wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:35 pm :o the grim reaper strikes again :assasin:
I am happy that you don't know me............................. =@
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I've seen this guy a lot in front of La Croisette. How old was he? Coz seems too young. RIP
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic