Sending Uk pounds from Uk account to Cambodian bank account.

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Sending Uk pounds from Uk account to Cambodian bank account.

Post by Nobby Stiles »

Londonmail wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:52 am try moneycorp.COM

used them in the past.. u can use uk bank card or bank transfere to load your money into your money corp account then exchange it on the site and send.

you can pay £5 for next day or £2 for 3/4days (charges amount probly changed now) iv sent money to cambo and thailand with them.

easy and safe (for me anyway)

give them a try

Cheers I’ll have a look at them.

Found out today RationalFx and XendPay are the same company. When I rang up to enquire why it was taking them so long to get my account verified the guy asked if it was a rationalfx account or XendPay and then explained that’s its the same company etc which wasn’t good to hear because XendPay’s reviews aren’t good.

After them finally verifying my account I had a call from some wide boy trader at Rationalfx/XendPay (he just said Rationalfx) asking what I actually plan to use them for. I explained my situation and he then informed me why it was better to ring him to get a better rate than online. This he explained is because there could be a better deal on the table in the office that he can jump onto that the online route cant/won’t accommodate.

There’s some horror story reviews from XendPay customers who are still trying to get their money back to this day!
And now I know that Rationalfx/XendPay or whatever you call them still charge an intermediary fee I think I’ve come full circle and I’m back at TransferWise again who were at least honest and upfront from the start regarding the intermediary fee, which seems to be unavoidable and standard across the board when sending US dollar from the UK to anywhere other than the US.

As I’ve had such a bad day today and lost all faith in the human race, if I was ready to send some money right now I’d probably just use my Uk bank to handle it because if it went tits up like everything else has today I would be fairly confident it would be rectified without too much bother on my part. Yes it would cost me a bit extra, but sometimes it’s worth paying for the peace of mind.

There’s some fucking assholes out there! Especially on Mondays.... Beware!
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

I may have had the same guy call me. I found it overly familiar and not particularly professional. He has also emailed me with a message full of typos.

However, I have been using them for a while now and their service has been much better than their grammar.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

I used RationalFX this week. Less than 22 hours after the funds were sent to RationaFX they were received into my ABA account.
Was really surprised by the speed.
I rate them 4.5 pineapples.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

khmerhamster wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 am I used RationalFX this week. Less than 22 hours after the funds were sent to RationaFX they were received into my ABA account.
Was really surprised by the speed.
I rate them 4.5 pineapples.
wow that is quick, quickest for me was about 2-3 days i think, longest was over a week due to the Xmas/New Year period due to bank holidays etc

@Londonmail what the rates/charges like on the one you suggested?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Charlie
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Tbh I haven't checked recently. But they seemed fair at the time...

There is a great new way it's called revolut.
It's an online bank account where u can send money anywhere I believe it's free to send. And they use the highest rate availible at the time of process.

Have a look....

My dad signed up to pay some people abroad seemed brilliant.

Www.Revolut.com
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Apparently only good for European countries.

Oops! Something went wrong
Sorry, Revolut is currently only available to residents of the European Economic Area. We're expanding globally very soon!
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Topic is sending uk to Cambodia???
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

I wish I knew how to edit....
Any way
Once it works in Asia it will be the best way to send money... !!
Excuse my previous reply ;)
Marcus-Darkus
Expatriate

Post by Marcus-Darkus »

I'm leaving Cambodia in one month and have around $6,000 to change into GBP. I have a UK bank account and a ABA account here.

It seems all the replies are sending money from UK to Cambodia on this thread. Can anyone give any advice or had experiences sending money back home?

I seriously thought about changing it all up near Central Market as the rates are excellent when I changed $500/$1000...A friend told me that UK banks are very strict proving where you got your money from though. They are unaware I've lived in Cambodia for 3 years too.

If I transfered it with transferwise, would alarm bells ring when it hits my UK account, as it would show the sender is from a 3rd world corrupt country?

Any tips would be greatly helpful.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic