New Holiday Rental Kep

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: New Holiday Rental Kep

Post by whiteribbon »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:33 pm really curious why ur relying on booking com and paying 15% rather than going with airbnb?
We found the guests via airbnb were much better, stayed longer, ( we had a 3 night minimum in high season) and not adverse to spending money than those we got via agoda ,booking.com or the other engines we used
ur villa should be getting $150-200/night dec-april min. with 20% increase Dec22-Jan 5th going on what else is available in Kep
we arranged with the guest when they would like the maids to come an they were available any time from 8 am to 7 pm.
Its just a personal problem I have with their business practices. I'm hosting for over 10 years already and always had a close to 90% occupancy rate in Europe without using them but they seem to buy up all the small and quirky websites offering rentals and just shutting them down and bringing over the listings to their site so it gets oversaturated and everyone has to lower their prices in order to compete.
Booking.com and Tripadvisor are a bit the same I know but my favourite holiday rental sites from before I moved here are either bought up by airbnb or shut down or shutting down soon because of them. I don't really care how much a booking site charges on top of the price I want, as long as they get me the bookings.

And now that I'm here, just want to say these are the exceptional opening prices for CEO members if you book with me directly:
$95 for single occupancy of the private villa, $100 for the whole villa for 2 or more. You also can book with tripadvisor or booking.com but the prices there will be slightly different due to commission. You can check more pics here:
Booking
tripadvisor

(If I'm not allowed to advertise here administrators, feel free to delete my last paragraph)
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Oh forgot to say, some people say there is no shopping in Kep, when you arrive here you get a free welcome basket with some noodles, milk, cereals, juice etc... in it, so if you're too lazy or tired to go shopping on your arrival day you can just stay in, eat noodles and watch the sunset or Netflix (but there are food shops in walking distance from the villa though).
just noise, white noise
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

Super nice

What a pity, I was in Kep 2 weeks ago for a few days. I could book your house.
Is very private?
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:21 am very nice looking villa and very affordable for a family
As one who has hosted a villa here in Phuket, suggest you offer a chef and a maid to do shopping for the guests
will add value to ur villa

also not sure if u do already but get it on airbnb. :beer3:

ur way under-priced, look what they offer for $659/night
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12216834?l ... s=gsXaR7nH

I believe that’s Baht and not Dollars, carry on PR... :oops:
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Raybull wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:44 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:21 am very nice looking villa and very affordable for a family
As one who has hosted a villa here in Phuket, suggest you offer a chef and a maid to do shopping for the guests
will add value to ur villa

also not sure if u do already but get it on airbnb. :beer3:

ur way under-priced, look what they offer for $659/night
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12216834?l ... s=gsXaR7nH

I believe that’s Baht and not Dollars, carry on PR... :oops:
$659/night or $20/night... that's only a difference of $639. :facepalm:
You could be next.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I bought a old rundown motel in the tourist sincity on Australia's Gold Coast many, many years ago and quickly learnt that dealing with four legged animals on the farm which I previously owned was easy compared to the two legged animals that stayed in the motel.
The first thing I learnt was to never take bookings over the phone. eg,, I once had a nice lady book four rooms for friends who were coming from Adelaide for a meeting on a long holiday weekend . Well they all arrived,, on their motobikes , wearing their Fink's jackets, ( long story there ) and all the other guests immediately checked out and the rooms stayed empty until the Fink's left several days later.

During holidays most motels would take phone bookings and have No Vacancy signs out , and my motel was the only one with empty rooms which allowed me to scrutinize the guests first and adjust the room rate to suit . Some guests are not worth having unless you get extra $$ to compensate for the mess they leave behind.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Duncan wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:07 am I bought a old rundown motel in the tourist sincity on Australia's Gold Coast many, many years ago and quickly learnt that dealing with four legged animals on the farm which I previously owned was easy compared to the two legged animals that stayed in the motel.
The first thing I learnt was to never take bookings over the phone. eg,, I once had a nice lady book four rooms for friends who were coming from Adelaide for a meeting on a long holiday weekend . Well they all arrived,, on their motobikes , wearing their Fink's jackets, ( long story there ) and all the other guests immediately checked out and the rooms stayed empty until the Fink's left several days later.

During holidays most motels would take phone bookings and have No Vacancy signs out , and my motel was the only one with empty rooms which allowed me to scrutinize the guests first and adjust the room rate to suit . Some guests are not worth having unless you get extra $$ to compensate for the mess they leave behind.
:thumb:
Another reason to use airbnb where you can screen the guests.
we often had Chinese book the villa with booking.com and show up with 10 people, (its a 3 bedroom villa) and do nothing but complain when the hot water an towels ran out or the toilet backed up cause they used a whole roll of toilet paper
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

khmerre wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:41 am Super nice

What a pity, I was in Kep 2 weeks ago for a few days. I could book your house.
Is very private?
Yes, it's fully surrounded by walls, there are no neighbours in front of you but there are other villas in the same street so you're not completely in the middle of nowhere. Don't know what kind of party you're planning but think it's private enough for most things I can imagine!
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Fully booked for the next 30 days and February but still some days available in between. Pm me for the best rates or book here: https://www.booking.com/hotel/kh/villa-khun.html
just noise, white noise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic