Can I do the tourist visa extension myself?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
hydee271
Tourist
Nigeria

Post by hydee271 »

How can I get something done as a first time tourist before seeking extension of my visa?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re:

Post by phuketrichard »

hydee271 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:04 pm How can I get something done as a first time tourist before seeking extension of my visa?
go into a hostess bar on street 104,130,136.
get drunk
take a girl home
get laid
wake up with headache but happy :beer3:
than go to any travel agent and get 30 day extension.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re:

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

hydee271 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:04 pm How can I get something done as a first time tourist before seeking extension of my visa?
Have you already arrived? If not get the e-ordinary visa on arrival for $35 which will allow you to get a 6 month extension

Step 2: Apply for a 6 month EG visa at a travel agency in Cambodia.
The application costs $160 and takes about 5 days to process.

You simply need to provide your passport, the fee, and a very simple letter that says:

“I [name], passport # [xxxxxxxx], would like to stay in Cambodia 6 months to look for work.”

This is the best information I've found that is supposed to work fine.

I'm not sure if a 12 month can be got
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Re:

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:51 am
Have you already arrived? If not get the e-ordinary visa on arrival for $35 which will allow you to get a 6 month extension

You simply need to provide your passport, the fee, and a very simple letter that says:

“I [name], passport # [xxxxxxxx], would like to stay in Cambodia 6 months to look for work.”

No letter required for EG EOS application.

12 mth EG EOS not available
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Re:

Post by Brody »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:21 am
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:51 am

No letter required for EG EOS application.

12 mth EG EOS not available
While this may technically be true, upon requesting an EG EOS, some agents will have a pro forma statement as described by Judgedredd.

So don't worry if they ask you for some information to complete the statement. The agents are just being proactive and trying to avoid any potential rejections by the capricious minions at immigration.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic