Chiang Mai official admits shooting two men

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
ta158
Expatriate
Sweden

Chiang Mai official admits shooting two men

Post by ta158 »

Chiang Mai Official: The assistant chief of a Chiang Mai sub-district shot one man dead and critically wounded another during a heated argument late Saturday.

Anon Chainoi, 51, of Tambon Makhunwan in San Pa Tong district surrendered to police and confessed to the double shooting.

Pairoj Promma, 24, died at the scene. Wissanu Dokkhiao, 22, is in hospital in critical condition.

Anon said had once arrested Pairoj and Wissanu over drug-related offences and came across them again on Saturday night, walking along a street and appearing intoxicated.

He said they lunged at him and a quarrel ensued. Fearing for his safety, Anon drew his weapon as a warning.

“But they dared me to shoot, saying that if I were ‘cool’ enough I should fire,” Anon said. “I fired two shots out of rage.”

He fled the scene to regain calm but then decided to turn himself in at San Pa Tong Police Station.

https://pattayaone.news/en/chiang-mai-official-admits/