Pictures of Barang Beaten Outside Intoxica Bar on Street 130, Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Pictures of Barang Beaten Outside Intoxica Bar on Street 130, Phnom Penh

Post by Anchor Moy »

Let's not get too carried away. According to the bar staff, the foreign guy was out of order, and they say that he left the place (got kicked out of the bar), and then came back for more, pushing the bar girls around aggressively. In the end he got punched by security guys and thrown out on his arse.

That's one version of course. An eye-witness account would be much better.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Pictures of Barang Beaten by Security Guards at Intoxica Bar on Street 130, Phnom Penh

Post by Kuroneko »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:32 pm
SrokKhmer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:15 am
Kuroneko wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:15 am
General Mackevili wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 pm Some bar girls have told their side of the story:

John Bingham wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:47 pm So he attacked some bar girls and one of them smacked him with a bottle. Them's the breaks.

The guy tried to fuck with the music and a girl intervened and attacked him with a bottle. Good on her, the guy got what he deserved. I think I might go in and buy her a drink! :plus1:
You advocate violence, you advocate people getting bottled. You are just what this forum needs, I bet you are the kind of person that laughs when you see people hurt, you should be removed from this forum.

There is absolutely zero proof the Barang customer did any assault, as we know bar girls lie and so this story holds no ground. And we also know Khmers use weapons when they fight.

You also say you would go and buy a drink for someone getting bottled to the ground, you are a strange person.

Just what this forum needs, an apologist for foreigner's bad behavior. We should ban Kuroneko and instead we can rely on your 2 posts a month to keep the forum thriving. :roll:
I think unlike my cat, humour noir is not his forte :D

JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I don't understand why people behave this way.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:33 pm I don't understand why people behave this way.
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

When a customer returns to a bar after having problem with the staff it usually does not end well.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

When bar staff glass customers in the neck it ends amazingly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Do many of these bars even have security guards? Way back every bar had guards but I don't notice them so much now.
It sounds like the foreigner completely underestimated the tenacity of the average bar-girl here.
They might look extremely cute but fuck around with them and you'll be sorry.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

fax wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:02 pm What is Kevin Goos CEO of Century 21 Cambodia going to do with the sleazy girlie bar he was bottled unconscious outside of in Phnom Penh?
Kevin Goos doesn't work for Century 21 Cambodia, he works for ShweProperty in Myanmar. Why do people seem to think he's the guy involved here?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Wasn’t it him? It looks like him a little bit. Doesn’t it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic