Thailand is not cheap

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand is not cheap

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Agreed that Thailand is no longer the place where money was the last worry. However with careful spending it's still quite cheap compared to the West. Still compares favorably to Cambodia and Laos and Myanmar. Vietnam is cheep for beer food and hostels. And also nice in many parts.

Yes traps needs to go there and join some vietnam forums.😚
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

What's the going rate for a violin over there, trapper?
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 pm it was crispy and boiled chicked mixed with roce and soup.

a normal portion from MBK food court.
There is no doubt that MBK charges high prices for food as it caters to tourists and yes stuff for tourists the prices had gone up. As a matter of fact even for locals a meal had gone up from 30-40 to 35-45. 5 baht may not be much to us foreigners but it does add up for the Thais who live from paycheck to paycheck.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

yong wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:05 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 pm it was crispy and boiled chicked mixed with roce and soup.

There is no doubt that MBK charges high prices for food as it caters to tourists and yes stuff for tourists the prices had gone up. As a matter of fact even for locals a meal had gone up from 30-40 to 35-45. 5 baht may not be much to us foreigners but it does add up for the Thais who live from paycheck to paycheck.
Indeed food prices have risen but shop around and u can still eat cheaply.

Eating at "certain" establishments rather than others is a sure fire way of sorting those who understand how to live in LOS from those that don't.

But yea, most people worked out that Thailand was no longer a bargain ,like it one was like 15 years ago, hence people moving to places like Cambodia . I wonder why it's taken BITM
this long to work that out ?
:wink:
Last edited by shnoukieBRO on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Eating at "certain" establishments rather than others is a sure fire way of sorting those who understand how to live in LOS from those that don't. :wink:
Really? i eat where the thai's eat,
Sizzlers for lunch with the all you can eat salad buffet :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Eating at "certain" establishments rather than others is a sure fire way of sorting those who understand how to live in LOS from those that don't.

But yea, most people worked out that Thailand was no longer a bargain ,like it one was like 15 years ago, hence people moving to places like Cambodia . I wonder why it's taken BITM
this long to work that out ?
:wink:

hence people moving to places like Cambodia .

only to find out Cambodia is not cheap like it was 15 years ago. On prices, quality and variety I would look at moving back to OZ.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

yep it all comes down to chasing ones tail in SEA whilst chasing actual tail but being sidetracked by the booze and achieving sweet fuck all.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:12 pm
shnoukieBRO wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:55 pm Ok so the Baht is strong, and Thai prices have risen over the years. But if you want cheaper you need to try cheaper countries.

I think it's rocket science :dm:
yeh but thailand is the capital of SEA , it has most conveniences at the front door.

Philipines is cheap, sure....., but its also dangerous, off the beaten path and the food is terrible.

Vietnam is cheap but the local male population arent gonna let you pick up there females like in thailand.

Indonesia is quite boring and as the worlds largest muslim populpus isnt exactly the best spot for a two week pissup.

Malaysia is nice but also quite boring because the alcohol taxs and strict government.

Loas is too sleepy plus it seems to be full of weird druggies, backpackers and interpols most wanted.

Cambodia now in the hands of the chinese isnt getting cheaper and has overtaken thailand in costs for basic day to day items however the beer and ciggarettes remain quite cheap.

As Scobienz once said you have to set up multiple sock puppets to generate traffic. Great to see the old timers who ruined the other forum crawl over here because no one is listening to them.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:01 pm at the end of the day;
who really gives a shit what Trapper says?
I would hope since you've been spouting the same bored record for 27 or is it 28 years they'd think think the same about you.

You're so far up your own arse you're completely missed whats happened in Thailand in the last 10 years. You're only here because you're just another boring old fucker on Thai visa with a bigger audience.

::1) Put a sticky in January of how many years this boring cunt has been in Thailand
2) Put a sticky that Thailand is better than Cambodia in every resect
3) Put a sticky that regardless of you asking for advice on moving from Thailand to Cambodia, your wrong and I'm right because I love the country and I'm not interested in hearing other viewpoints because I've been here and you just don't understand zzzzzzzzz
4) This is the Burma thread, look at me I'm a radical traveller. YOU WERE LATE TO THE PARTY WE WERE THERE YEARS BEFORE

Fed up with reading this attention seeking pricks posts, he's only here because there is more well travelled, informed and intelligent people in Thailand than him
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Einstein a GO-GO :Yahoo!:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic