where to get HIV viral load test?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: where to get HIV viral load test?

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Calmette do post exposure prevention HIV meds free of charge.

Any needle stick should be followed up with HAART
Or highly active anti viral therapy.

Horrible course of meds for a month but it could save your life .
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:39 am Calmette do post exposure prevention HIV meds free of charge.

Any needle stick should be followed up with HAART
Or highly active anti viral therapy.

Horrible course of meds for a month but it could save your life .
The time frame between the potential exposure and the start of the treatment is relatively short, max 72 hours if I remember well, so for the OP this is no option I'm afraid.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

If I recall correctly the half life of the AIDS virus is about 12 seconds once outside the body, no idea of your senario however i hope everything is ok!!
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic