Slow Cooker / Pressure Cooker

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Slow Cooker / Pressure Cooker

Post by Brody »

Anyone pick up one of these locally?

I've been around town looking but only found one model of a pressure cooker at a place in Aeon.

Before I buy this one, I figure I'd ask here.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Slow Cooker / Pressure Cooker

Post by frank lee bent »

I bought a small electric PC but the stink of the no stick coating made me throw it out.
Looked around everywhere for a ceramic one but never found one.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

I'm not certain they had a slow cooker but that supermarket, I think its called Paragon- big place that never seems to have customers- seemed to have some "random" appliances, could be worth a look.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I always use my rice cooker as a slow cooker. Bring everything to a boil then put it on keep warm Sometimes you have to do that 2 or 3 times .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Old8404 »

I got nice slow cooker (Crock Pot type) at Home Fix. Upstairs, nice selection of sizes
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Duncan wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:27 pm I always use my rice cooker as a slow cooker. Bring everything to a boil then put it on keep warm Sometimes you have to do that 2 or 3 times .

Just to add to that,, rice cookers are very much under utilized, and can be used for cooking a stew , boiling eggs or poaching a egg , boiling water for your coffee in an emergency, and boiling a larger amount of water to mix with cold water in a 20 liter bucket for a ''dip and tip'' shower when you have cold weather . If you have the steamer bit that goes on top try making dumplings.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Outstanding, gentlemen many thanks!

I'll let you know what I end up with or at the very least now I know I can use my rice cooker, ala Duncan. :thumb:
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Why not buy a electric cooking plate as slow cooker?, if you have good one, you can regulate the temperature from keeping warm to hard cooking and everything between.
Last edited by Sidewalker on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

I bought one do the Philips pressure cookers at Aeon a few weeks ago. 90 bucks or so. Does what it says on the box. Made a supreme melt in your mouth spicy beef stew yesterday in 30 minutes from old shoe leather local beef.

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

epidemiks wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:00 pm I bought one do the Philips pressure cookers at Aeon a few weeks ago. 90 bucks or so. Does what it says on the box. Made a supreme melt in your mouth spicy beef stew yesterday in 30 minutes from old shoe leather local beef.

I'm calling you out on that one and there's only one way to prove that it is so good. Send a invite when cooking the next one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic