What's up with Kampot ? Is it next in line ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What's up with Kampot ? Is it next in line ?

Post by kgbagent »

whiteribbon wrote:
kgbagent wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:46 pm
phuketrichard wrote:making the news;
Kampot, known as a sleepy provincial town for so long, is rapidly shedding that image. Once known as the town with “nothing to do,” Kampot is now a vibrant destination with a whole range of food and entertainment options.

.....The food scene in Kampot is another feature which has seen much improvement over the last 2-3 years. Outside of the obligatory 32,000 happy pizza places found in any Cambodian tourist destination,
:beer3:

http://www.movetocambodia.com/kampot/ka ... KrGsd12-jA
Reasonably accurate

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Agree, besides the part where it says Le Bokor Palace is understaffed, went to eat there with some guests last week and 3 staff constantly were hovering over our table which made me very uncomfortable. If they were well trained maybe I wouldn't mind but after repeating our order 3 times they still managed to bring out the wrong starter for one of us. I was then in turn made to feel bad because the head somelier berated the girl taking the order right next to us. The food was good but for these prices you expect a different experience.
Yes the menu looks terrific did any of you try the wild pork?

Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

kgbagent wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:16 pm Yes the menu looks terrific did any of you try the wild pork?
Yeah, my missus and me did last week. It was barely "ok". The sour soup they made for her nephew was inedible. Truly ghastly. The duck wasn't much better. Over rated and overpriced in my opinion.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Hotdigr wrote:
kgbagent wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:16 pm Yes the menu looks terrific did any of you try the wild pork?
Yeah, my missus and me did last week. It was barely "ok". The sour soup they made for her nephew was inedible. Truly ghastly. The duck wasn't much better. Over rated and overpriced in my opinion.
Cheers for that I won't go now

whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

To be honest I don't even remember what I ate yesterday, let alone what my guests ate a week ago. Just remember we enjoyed all that was served to us. Quality of the food was good, maybe we had a different chef than @Hotdigr, the service wasn't and the price for this whole thing was too high, bill was 150 for 3 of us with 1 bottle of wine. Can have a much better experience for that money somewhere else in Cambodia.
just noise, white noise
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

whiteribbon wrote:To be honest I don't even remember what I ate yesterday, let alone what my guests ate a week ago. Just remember we enjoyed all that was served to us. Quality of the food was good, maybe we had a different chef than @Hotdigr, the service wasn't and the price for this whole thing was too high, bill was 150 for 3 of us with 1 bottle of wine. Can have a much better experience for that money somewhere else in Cambodia.
Daytime? Can't see the point after dark.

A friend of mine had the prawn and tempura zucchini salad that was pretty good and with the free extras it seemed good value.

Shame as there is a lot of things that tempted me on the menu

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic