Title says it all really...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ups and Downs for Cambodian MMA ONE Fighters

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Rothana return cancelled, Meul in
November 1, 2018
Fans of Chan Rothana, Cambodia’s standout mixed martial artist (MMA), will be disappointed to learn the Selapak fighter will not be making an appearance in the cage at ONE Championship’s Heart of the Lion showpiece on November 9.

After an extended absence from the ONE cage, Rothana had been set to return to action at the Singapore Indoor Stadium against Indonesia’s Abro Fernandes, a ONE Championship newcomer making his promotional debut. However, ONE revealed that an injury to Fernandes meant the bout would not happen.

“I was not happy when I was told that my fight was cancelled,” said Rothana. “But a silver lining is that I will have more time to train for the next fight.”

Rothana, 32, clarified that ONE Championship was yet to confirm his next fight but he was hoping to feature at ONE: Destiny of Champions in Kuala Lumpur on December 7th.

Rothana, a Khun Khmer practitioner who transitioned to MMA in 2014, sports a 4-3 professional MMA record which includes one submission victory and three wins by knockout. A former ONE Cambodia Featherweight GP finalist, he is known as a devastating and relentless striker and a fan favourite.

Despite the disappointment of Rothana’s absence, fans can look forward to seeing Cambodian Top Team talent Meas Meul, 27, who has been added to the Singapore fightcard.

Meul will be up against 33-year old Anthony “The Archangel” Engelen. Engelen, half-Dutch, half-Indonesian, trains out of Tatsujin Dojo in Deventer, Netherlands and Alliance Indonesia in Jakarta, Indonesia. He is a former Indonesian Fighting Championship Lightweight Champion. He won three of his five previous ONE bouts.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50545933/r ... d-meul-in/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Ups and Downs for Cambodian MMA ONE Fighters

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

November 9, 2018
Meul is gunning for ‘Archangel’

Cambodian Top Team fighter Meas Meul will need to use all the tools in his considerable arsenal if he is to be victorious in his ONE Championship: Heart of The Lion Mixed Martial Arts contest in Singapore tonight.

Meul goes be up against 33-year old Anthony “The Archangel” Engelen. Engelen, half-Dutch, half-Indonesian, trains out of Tatsujin Dojo in Deventer, Netherlands and Alliance Indonesia in Jakarta, Indonesia. He is a former Indonesian Fighting Championship Lightweight Champion. He won three of his five previous ONE bouts.

Tonight’s bouts will be available on a free video stream through the official ONE Championship app on the App Store or Google’s Play Store.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50548708/m ... archangel/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic