Pictures of Barang Beaten Outside Intoxica Bar on Street 130, Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Pictures of Barang Beaten by Security Guards at Intoxica Bar on Street 130, Phnom Penh

Post by Brody »

Pizzalover wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:42 pm the bar pays a heavy price.
Not likely...the police will just make them kiss and make up like what happened with that ginger that got jumped out front of Pontoon.

Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pictures of Barang Beaten by Security Guards at Intoxica Bar on Street 130, Phnom Penh

Post by Pizzalover »

Brody wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:00 pm
Pizzalover wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:42 pm the bar pays a heavy price.
Not likely...the police will just make them kiss and make up like what happened with that ginger that got jumped out front of Pontoon.

Fully agree. I should have been more clear: Pays a heavy price by foreigners avoiding the shit hole.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

jw85 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:51 pm
any info, and then the court can decide
You obviously have little experience in Cambodia
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

LaudJohn wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 pm
jw85 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:51 pm
You obviously have little experience in Cambodia
Lol...if you only knew whose sock this huckster belongs to.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

jw85 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:51 pm we don't even have the whole story

for all we know this guy may have hit someone first

This is not a story between drunks or otherwise not so nice guys. It is between 'security' and a supposed offender. By the way, it seems that for most the posters here the 'other' side seems to be the defense of the security. Very strange. Nobody interested in what the victim had to say? After all he was knocked down. No photos of security on the ground.

Even he was a drunk bastard, security has to restrain him and hand him over. They are not the police. Unless they can prove that they acted in self-defense, they are the criminals. The use of a bottle strongly suggests that. Bottles are recommended tools for security. Bad behavior is no excuse for assault.

Perhaps one or the other on here happens to have a beer or two too much once in a blue moon. I sincerely hope you don't make it to CEO discussion forum and have other foreigners posting like this.

I remember those days - long gone - in Pattaya were a beaten up foreigner was major and exceptional news. Years ago. Then you had some certified idiots, Brits from the gutters of North England, sharing their sophisticated insights of how the victim would have looked like if it would have been their hide out back home. Rationalizing violence at its best instead of sounding the alarm bell. In a most straight forward may, they promoted acceptance of violence against themselves. By now a beaten foreigner in Pattaya is hardly news anymore. For that reason I think it is good policy to denounce violence and particularly violence against foreigners as it is in our very best interest.
jw85
Expatriate
Austria

Post by jw85 »

nobody's rationalising violence i'm asking you to wait for facts

if somebody comes at me with a bottle I will hit him with a truncheon if i have one no problem

how do you know this is not what happened?

only explanation for assuming the guy did nothing wrong without knowing facts would be racism imho
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Pizzalover wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:26 pm
jw85 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:51 pm we don't even have the whole story

for all we know this guy may have hit someone first

This is not a story between drunks or otherwise not so nice guys. It is between 'security' and a supposed offender. By the way, it seems that for most the posters here the 'other' side seems to be the defense of the security. Very strange. Nobody interested in what the victim had to say? After all he was knocked down. No photos of security on the ground.

Even he was a drunk bastard, security has to restrain him and hand him over. They are not the police. Unless they can prove that they acted in self-defense, they are the criminals. The use of a bottle strongly suggests that. Bottles are recommended tools for security. Bad behavior is no excuse for assault.

Perhaps one or the other on here happens to have a beer or two too much once in a blue moon. I sincerely hope you don't make it to CEO discussion forum and have other foreigners posting like this.

I remember those days - long gone - in Pattaya were a beaten up foreigner was major and exceptional news. Years ago. Then you had some certified idiots, Brits from the gutters of North England, sharing their sophisticated insights of how the victim would have looked like if it would have been their hide out back home. Rationalizing violence at its best instead of sounding the alarm bell. In a most straight forward may, they promoted acceptance of violence against themselves. By now a beaten foreigner in Pattaya is hardly news anymore. For that reason I think it is good policy to denounce violence and particularly violence against foreigners as it is in our very best interest.
I do not condone violence but anyone going to a bar in Cambodia should be well aware that the "security" are anything but, they are moonlighting cops
They are not the police
or thugs.
Certainly, but I keep a low profile and would certainly avoid certain bars.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I dont know what happened in this situation.

But I do know of foreigners being severely beaten for no reason, or for trivial reasons, or because of false accusations, or if there was a reason the victims did not know what it was.

This is wrong, and people need to be warned about it.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

jw85 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:42 pm nobody's rationalising violence i'm asking you to wait for facts

if somebody comes at me with a bottle I will hit him with a truncheon if i have one no problem

how do you know this is not what happened?

only explanation for assuming the guy did nothing wrong without knowing facts would be racism imho
Does that look like self defense to you? He's laying on the ground outside the bar. But you're right we should wait for the facts as far as I'm concerned he was struck by lightning. You never know until you have all the facts.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Areyathor news says that he refused to pay his bill and attacked female bar staff.

http://www.arey-news.com/archives/270602
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic