Convenient Hotels In Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Convenient Hotels In Phnom Penh

Post by fax »

gaplem wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:44 am Even Passapp is not safe at night ?
Do you know many first time visitors that arrive with a Cambodian SIM card and Cambodian transport apps installed?
gaplem
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by gaplem »

fax wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:35 pm
Do you know many first time visitors that arrive with a Cambodian SIM card and Cambodian transport apps installed?

Sim card can be bought at airport and Passapp can even be installed on phone before reaching Cambodia.
What I understand is that some are real champions, this for sure !
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

gaplem wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Sim card can be bought at airport and Passapp can even be installed on phone before reaching Cambodia.
OP, if you're traveling with big suitcases don't use a tuk tuk. Those new tuk tuks are pretty small.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

gaplem wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Who sells a SIM card on the airport at midnight when OP is landing?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Maybe not Passapp but if they have been to SEA before there is a chance they will have Grab. Airport terminal has wifi which can be connected to while waiting for visa.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I got to platinum in Bangkok earlier this year /flex
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

cautious colin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:34 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:49 am tuk tuk always works for me. Depending on what's important to you regarding hotel.....
Velkommen Inn on street 144
Mini Banana or Top Banana

you can google and get the info.. No need to book in advance, at least from my experience. I have had a few friends stay at Velkommen Inn and no complaints.

I don't suggest booking in advance...You never know what room they might give you and the place might look different then what you see online....You can just go directly to the hotel/guesthouse ..ask to book a room...and have them show you the room in advance, before paying
Personally. If you are going to get to the hotel at midnight or later I would suggest booking. even if only for one night in the area you are planning to stay. But each to their own

OP, yeah taxi is the best option at that time. Id say its a little safer (bag snatching and/or drunk drivers) download Grab/PassApp etc
and the taxi will only be around $8.
agree... i missed the time he is landing.. so yea, that makes more sense
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

From the airport I would advise getting a taxi (car). For the sake of a couple of dollars extra there is a boot/trunk for your luggage, aircon and it's safer as far as robberies or accidents go. As far as where you stay it's up to you, but I would avoid the riverside area, at least for anything between the Royal Palace, the night market and 51. It's noisy, dirty and has far too many screwed-up locals and foreigners so in my opinion not a nice area to live in. Just come and see anyway.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

fax wrote:
Free WIFI inside the airport and at the Burger King outside (not sure when they close). T-mobile supports voice call over WIFI.

Pass app can be downloaded, everything arranged, and driver waiting BEFORE leaving WFI coverage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic