Content, or lack thereof

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Content, or lack thereof

Post by Username Taken »

Twas your idea, so here it is

Great song, no matter how old you feel . . . .

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Content: You can never have too much.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Too soon?

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Never too soon for a laugh! !

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Username Taken wrote: They still have awful scrolling pictures.
Okay, I see it's back to normal there now. I clicked over there this morning and got a totally different main page showing only a list of articles, with no pictures at all. Must have been a temporary glitch.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Soi Dog wrote:
You're here because you hate the 'tyrant'. Seems that the tyrant has left the building. So, what now?
Maybe that's it. What now, you ask? Maybe nothing. Nothing now. Moving on....
LoL, again, you do raise a good point though.

When the tyrant was around, all we had to do was be "better" than him, which was freaking easy, LoL.

We are in a new phase and competing with Scobie takes more, as it should.

He definitely has a lot of work to do in order to re-brand K440. Personally, I wouldn't have tried that. They would be like McDonald's trying to re-brand as a health food store. You could do it, I guess, but that's quite a brand with a long reputation to turn around.

And pointing out that we're less than 4 months old is not an excuse, but it's important to remember that. Ranking high on Google takes time, unfortunately. We're doing damn good, but we can't make CEO 10 years old. As pointed out by the Dragon, we don't even pay people to write content yet. 4 months really is young for a forum. That's just the way it is. And we've done a lot in those 4 months as a community, including run off the tyrant, so things are good right now.

As already stated, the admin here are both landing in new counties at the moment, so freely admit we haven't had the time to dedicate here as we'd like, but that's soon changing. Looks like I'll have about 16 hours in the classroom a week, so plenty of time to get more involved here again.

Also, it's taken a lot of hard work behind the scenes to get to where we are now, so I think we both needed a little breather too, which I feel is well deserved. :beer2:

Starting a forum from scratch and scaring off our main competition in such a short time ain't no easy task. It was a lot more work than just throwing up a site and sitting around with our thumbs up our asses waiting for people to sign up and post. As you said, anyone can make a website these days, but it was a lot more on me and the Dragon's end than just that.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote:^^ So, you don't want additional content?

If you do, then I'm sure your suggestions would also be appreciated by 'the management'.

What sort of content would you like to see included Stroppy?
Fair question.
  • I'd like to hear some bios and interviews of the long term expats, there are some great stories going to waste out there, and not all of them are about whoring.
    I'd like some sensible discussion on religious issues in the Kingdom without it disintegrating into moronic name calling.
    I'd like more photos of giblet's poultry, and gardening in general, because believe it or not some of us like that sort of stuff.
More to the point, though...
  • I don't want to hear "that's boring, I don't want to read it", or
    "The guys over at 440 currently have bigger dicks than you, you should do something about it", or
    "I don't agree with/like what you said, so you're a/an [Islamophobe | sexpat | NGO worker | pedophile | insert your favourite putdown], or
    "I'm not being entertained, so I'm going to leave soon"
Yeah, a lot of us make flippant comments or post content that not everyone is going to appreciate. But we're not in kindergarten here, surely if there's a post or a thread we don't like, we can just simply not read it. This notion that everything on CEO has to be exactly to my liking or I'm leaving is, frankly, childish. IMO.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

After 15 years in Asia, growing up in this part of the world. I've got some stories.

I will write it out one day and give it to the dragon to upload.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Well, I have just back read this thread and I agree there has been a down turn in post rates but this is to be expected. What is more concerning is the fact it is not bouncing back.

Why is this the case, well imho many reasons, for one reason we need to think about how many new members say 'I was a member of the K4*0 but I never posted there' I feel this is due to the venomous retorts by some 'Long Standing' posters there, who seem to feel time in Cambodia makes them a world, unquestionable authority on every possible subject area.

If you want new and interesting threads on here, maybe we should look to the effects of the past and when we disagree with someone's point of view, which is totally acceptable, we should word it in the same way we would if Face to Face and not

'Oh! I can't believe you, you moronic tw** Fu***l, what kind of brain dead wan**r would suggest such a think. I have never heard such c**p in all my 78 years in PP'

Now this is not as pronounced here, yet but you can see the shoots of discord beginning to emerge.

We will see more organic growth, when we allow fledgling shoots to emerge, with out trying to stamp on them, in a vain attempt to make our erection 0.001" bigger !

If your only possible retort is to criticise, condemn and belittle, then maybe you should consider repatriation with the 'Other Forum'

As a result, if we don't grow at an fantastic rate, so be it but we shall grow and that growth will be new and sustainable.

As other have already said, this is a forum not driven by an elite but by its members, we have gone though our forming and storming, it is not time to progress things through norming and on to performing stage, we all look forward to.

You older, more seasoned members can help this process by identifying, and challenging these 5th columnists, who have buried deep in our midst, hell bent on destruction and discord on behalf of an ideology of past forums.

With these and other tactics, we will see the organic growth we seek, imho

:hattip:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic