Prickish old drunk American with an Osama beard

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Re: Prickish old drunk American with an Osama beard

Post by PhnomRon »

His name is Max. I saw him in Garage and then I got to talking to an English guy who had a negative encounter with him, he thought at Loco Bar? And jah steu says Angry Birds?

But he may be getting banned from every bar he visits, so to stay one step ahead of him you should try to go to places around the riverside he hasn't been spotted at yet.
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

perhaps we shouldnt judge people so harsh, somehow.

most acting so are sick, he could have a heart condition..
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

He must have seen the spit roast calves all that time ago.

Have you no compassion for the poor man.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

frank lee bent wrote:those beards often have egg and toast crumbs.
doesn't it itch?

my grandpa hated people with beards. thought they were commies :-)
Reminds me of this :D
Let's get Santa Clause 'cause;
Santa Clause has a red suit
He's a communist
And a beard, and long hair
Must be a pacifist
What's in the pipe that he's smoking?

franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

If they throw him out of the Walkabout, then there is something to write home about too.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

jah steu wrote:
PhnomRon wrote:Has anyone encountered this guy in Phnom Penh recently? Not sure if he lives in town or is just passing through. American, 60+ years old, long grey beard, wears a black flat cap. Drinks almost to the point of losing consciousness, awkwardly sits down next to you and forces conversation upon you, quickly acts like an aggressive prick.

He is best avoided, I understand he may have been banned from a few places already.
Yes he came into our bar while I was away, very drunk, rapidly became aggressive, abused the staff and staggered out again into the night. Not pleasant.
I remember another guy that used to get around many of the bars, he had an unkempt beard and looked a bit like Micheal Palin in the Monty Python intro sketch. I think his name was Con and was originally from Scotland. Used to get very drunk and was not very popular with the "ladies" Not seen him for quite a while.

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Kuroneko wrote:Image
What, Catweasel?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Kuroneko wrote:
jah steu wrote:
PhnomRon wrote:Has anyone encountered this guy in Phnom Penh recently? Not sure if he lives in town or is just passing through. American, 60+ years old, long grey beard, wears a black flat cap. Drinks almost to the point of losing consciousness, awkwardly sits down next to you and forces conversation upon you, quickly acts like an aggressive prick.

He is best avoided, I understand he may have been banned from a few places already.
Yes he came into our bar while I was away, very drunk, rapidly became aggressive, abused the staff and staggered out again into the night. Not pleasant.
I remember another guy that used to get around many of the bars, he had an unkempt beard and looked a bit like Micheal Palin in the Monty Python intro sketch. I think his name was Con and was originally from Scotland. Used to get very drunk and was not very popular with the "ladies" Not seen him for quite a while.

I know exactly who you are talking about Kuraneko, it would be a coincidence if there were two that alike ranking at the top end of the facial fuzzometer. Bar on 51 St and I didn't take to him at all, saw him riding a trail type bike in that neighbourhood last trip.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: I know exactly who you are talking about Kuraneko, it would be a coincidence if there were two that alike ranking at the top end of the facial fuzzometer. Bar on 51 St and I didn't take to him at all, saw him riding a trail type bike in that neighbourhood last trip.
That would be him he rides what I think could be an early Djebel with the large round headlight. He used to live in Snooky and got "taken big time" (or so I was told) by some unscrupulous hooker and her brother of pretty much all his savings. After that he moved up country somewhere. Seems to come down to PP now and again on "R and R" trips to 51 st.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic