No more way to be expat in Cambodia, no more visa for non-retired and non-worker

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: No more way to be expat in Cambodia, no more visa for non-retired and non-worker

Post by bangkokhooker »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:35 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:59 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:30 pm That's a bit steep, a 32 page Irish passport is $93, the 66 page one is $128.
And can be ordered online and delivered anywhere on the world.
Actually, thinking back on that the distance to Hanoi with DHL costs make the Irish one way more expensive. The online service is great but you can only pay for the book by card, the €30 courier fee ended up costing me $118 because it could only be paid for by wire transfer. Children's passports can't be done online, which is understandable but still tricky. Those are the breaks, could be worse.
Why can’t you pay for all of it on a card? Why did it cost $118?

Maybe wiser to go to Hanoi.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: No more way to be expat in Cambodia, no more visa for non-retired and non-worker

Post by thePeck »

I just came back after being gone for awhile. I'm doing my extension now. The lady, who I've used since 2010 said it just takes a visa run every 6/7 months. Just come back get another business visa and submit for the 6 month extension.

Which this is subject to change day to day.

Side note, now to renew my drivers license I have to actually go to the dept. to do it. I wish I could just throw money at them as I pass by and it would be all done.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

thePeck wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:55 pm Side note, now to renew my drivers license I have to actually go to the dept. to do it. I wish I could just throw money at them as I pass by and it would be all done.
You can do it at Aeon II. It is a bit far out, but the money you save makes for a few nice meals there. And - you can take it with you right away.
See this thread:
post265223.html#p265223
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

thePeck wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:55 pm I just came back after being gone for awhile. I'm doing my extension now. The lady, who I've used since 2010 said it just takes a visa run every 6/7 months. Just come back get another business visa and submit for the 6 month extension.

Your agent is talking about the 6 month EG (General) Extension of Stay. For now it is possible, but no doubt they'll start cracking down on this sometime in the future.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

thePeck wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:55 pm I just came back after being gone for awhile. I'm doing my extension now. The lady, who I've used since 2010 said it just takes a visa run every 6/7 months. Just come back get another business visa and submit for the 6 month extension.

Side note, now to renew my drivers license I have to actually go to the dept. to do it. I wish I could just throw money at them as I pass by and it would be all done.
Go to a different agent to get a freelance WP, takes a week, and than it's easy to get a 1Y BE. It's also correct since you don't work unless someone hires you. Drivers licence can now be done in both Eaon Malls.
just noise, white noise
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:22 pm New Oz passport a couple of months ago, 10 years, 34 pages = $303.00 USD. That includes a $82 Overseas Processing fee.
Really, that seems quite steep, I thought Aussie passports would be about the same as Kiwi passports...

NZ passport renewal, entire process completed via online portal, no need to print anything off, submit any documents or go for any interviews.

Valid for 10 years if 16+, 5 yrs if under 16yrs old. 43 pages for visas and stamps.

Adult = 102.45 USD Child = 91.30 USD (No GST tax paid if classed as non-resident for tax purposes in NZ :thumb: )
DHL Courier fee = 9.80 USD
Time from submitting application to delivery from NZ to PP = 5 days
onico
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by onico »

Hey guys! I bump that post.

I am now on my very first Tourist Visa in my whole life ! :-) What a big sticker which fill 1 full page of my precious passeport for only 1 month (extendable for 1 month).

I took that tourist visa because I plan to move outside the country for Christmas, so, 2 months are enough for now... waiting to see another solution, but asking Kim (for those who knows) situation is still the same and trying to get a retired visa with my age and the lack of documents seems tricky... So, will see again in January 2019 when I will bump this topic again to keep you in touch of my Cambodia visa troubles.

Cheers
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic