The Legendary Lechery of Bernard 'Nite Owl' Trink

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

The Legendary Lechery of Bernard 'Nite Owl' Trink

Post by phuketrichard »

A legend in his time,
his commentaries were read by those in Thailand and out an he did more to promote the Image so many hold as
TIT "This is Thailand. :bow:
“When I first came in 1962, the girls in the suburbs cost only 35 baht,” he explained. “Then it went down ‒ if they weren’t that good-looking ‒ to 20 baht. They had even cheaper, some girls for only 10 baht. I was curious, so said I’ll have the 10 baht. She had a towel wrapped around her hand, and after the deed was done, I pulled it off. She had leprosy."

His first assignment was going to a string of sailor bars in Khlong Toei, on the suggestion of another American expat.

“The ages of the girls, average age was 13,” he said. “The point was they were all prostitutes. They would open your trousers. I wasn’t used to this. Sex is one thing, but not that age and not that aggressive. Yes, that was my introduction to bars.”

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/08/26/n ... -owl-trink
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: The Legendary Lechery of Bernard 'Nite Owl' Trink

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Interesting article. That journo who interviewed is damn hot as well.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Great article, thanks Richard.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Satiated Parrot wrote:Interesting article. That journo who interviewed is damn hot as well.
Ha, damn right she is and good spot.

When I read it I actually thought that was just him just being the legendary scoundrel and getting his photo taken with a pretty girl.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Nice to read of him again, the first page of the Post I used to read was the Trink page/Night Owl and it was a real shame when he got canned. I'd have loved to have experienced the Bangkok nightlife scene in its 70's heyday, you'd think some of these tech geeks could do something useful and come up with a time machine so we could pop back. Withdraw a couple of thousand baht at the atm and see you in a fortnight. :Yahoo!:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Thanks Richard.

The article gave this link: http://teakdoor.com/the-teakdoor-lounge ... -dead.html
Now Bernard Trink was born in 1931, I checked earlier and there has been no reports of his death, being at such a great age and no doubt the lifestyle he led in Bangkok for 40 odd years he should really have passed on by now, anyway found some of his old Bangkokpost Nite Owl articles.
Lots of old stories by Trink.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic