Need to do a Vietnam Visa run - help required.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Need to do a Vietnam Visa run - help required.

Post by SlackWaster »

You do not need a VISA if you are from the UK - you can enter and stay in Vietnam for 15 days without any type of VISA.
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by SlackWaster »

............................................... :please:

Hello - So I have a coach booked and will be going to HCM on Saturday.

I intend to come back Sunday - but about booking a ticket - where do I get my Cambodian visa upon re-entry?

The issue is, booking a coach back to PP - at what part in the proceedings do I get a new Cambodian Visa?

Any help much appreciated.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

SlackWaster wrote:............................................... :please:

Hello - So I have a coach booked and will be going to HCM on Saturday.

I intend to come back Sunday - but about booking a ticket - where do I get my Cambodian visa upon re-entry?

The issue is, booking a coach back to PP - at what part in the proceedings do I get a new Cambodian Visa?

Any help much appreciated.
Unless there is more to this question than I can see, you simply get your Cambodian visa at the border when you come back.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

SlackWaster wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:43 am
Depends on what bus company you have booked. The obvious answer is proceedings start at the border. however, some companies will insist on doing the process for you, for a fee of course.

If you have booked one of the cheaper companies you will likely have to pay $35 for your visa. Giant ibis and a few others will let you sort it yourself, where you will be charged somewhere between $30 and $40 depending on currency you pay in, if you go for the health check or decide to change all of your VND with a random lady at the border.

The whole process is pretty simple, just follow the crowd
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jimpson »

The OP stated that he needed to leave in order to get a long term Extension of Stay for Cambodia. If that is the case he must get an ORDINARY VISA costing US$35 at the Moc/Bai Bavet border when he returns from Vietnam to Cambodia. If he does NOT tell the bus company visa they will get him a tourist visa for US$ 30 which he cannot extend for more than 30 days one time only.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

jimpson wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:48 am The OP stated that he needed to leave in order to get a long term Extension of Stay for Cambodia. If that is the case he must get an ORDINARY VISA costing US$35 at the Moc/Bai Bavet border when he returns from Vietnam to Cambodia. If he does NOT tell the bus company visa they will get him a tourist visa for US$ 30 which he cannot extend for more than 30 days one time only.
Oh yeah, missed that bit.

Then it should be $35. If you have booked a cheap bus they may try to charge you quite a bit more than that. Last time I went they wanted $45 for the ordinary visa
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by SlackWaster »

Thank you everyone for your assistance.

It all went swimmingly - including a great night in HCM (I love 'Bodia, but the food ain't great - in HCM I ate so much, and sooo sooo good!).

The only thing I forgot was photographs (I say forgot, I mean I was terribly drunk) and it did not matter at the border.

As it has been stated, I did have to get a BUSINESS visa - as opposed to a tourist one, and will be arranging my extension in the week,

Thanks everyone for the advice, the forum saved me again.

Also good to know I can get to HCM and back again for $25 and eat loads of wonderful food on arrival.
Best wishes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic