BOYCOTT BONJOUR GAS

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CAMBOGUY123
Tourist
United States of America

BOYCOTT BONJOUR GAS

Post by CAMBOGUY123 »

SCAM Which I may be over-reacting to. But it pisses me off.

Asked BONJOUR gas in Siem Reap for 1$ in gas. They gave me 1 liter of gas which came to 95 cents USD. I paid them $1.00 and they refused to give me my change (200 Riel). I really didn't care about the 200 Riel but I was a little annoyed that they refused to give it to me.

I asked what their reason was for refusing me my change and they informed me that "1 dollar is not the same as 1 liter". I agreed and repeated the question. I informed them that most everyone here asks for 1$ in gas and not 1 liter of gas, but that it was ok if a mistake was made... just give me my change.

They repeated that 1$ is not the same as 1 liter...

I explained that 1 received 95 cents USD worth of gas... paid 1$ USD and got no change back. If one dollar is worth more than 4000 Riel then how is it that I don't get 200 Riel change? I get hit everytime I use Riel here in regard to getting change and I stated they can't have it both ways and asked again, why I was not due my change...

He didn't know, but refused to give me my change.

With that 200 Riel I could have bought... well nothing. But it's the principle damnit.

Looking at my past posts, many of you will wonder why I am concerned with 200 Riel at this point. I have to agree.
I was sitting down to work on the computer for another reason and am just sending this out in protest.

If you add up 5 cents per customer all night for weeks it does add up though.

Pisses me off is all...
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: BOYCOTT BONJOUR GAS

Post by Username Taken »

Next time, be sure to have 3800 riel in your shirt pocket ready to hand him.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Blimey, a lot off fuss for a few dollar cents. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
CAMBOGUY123
Tourist
United States of America

Post by CAMBOGUY123 »

I agree. Can everyone on this site please send me 5 cents?

It's just 5 cents. Thanks.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

CAMBOGUY123 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:31 pm I agree. Can everyone on this site please send me 5 cents?

It's just 5 cents. Thanks.
What did you ask for 1 litre or 1 dollars worth. I always fill up in dollars, so if you ask for 1 dollar they click that on the pump and you end up with a little more than 1 litre, cost $1. If you ask for one litre you end up being charged in riel and if you give the pump attendant $1 you then rely on him being able to work out the change. Not worth the hastle.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

According to my experience only minimarts and major supermarkets in Phnom Penh bother about giving you a 100 in change back. Usually change less than 500r for USD price is ignored.

Not the other way around by the way, so better do as Kuroneko told you. Your rant is not going to change anything, so better go with the flow and follow the system instead of getting annoyed / angry.
sc63w
Tourist
United States of America

Post by sc63w »

Boycott a gas station over five cents? Nah, you trippin' lol. Have a happy pizza and forget about the whole thing.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

When you're wondering how pathetic somebody can be, somebody comes along to claim the prize :)
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Trollololololol
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Lucy only charges 5 cents for psychiatric advice.
You could be next.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic