Best (android) Phone Repair?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Best (android) Phone Repair?

Post by Dangerous Dave »

The headphone jack of my Gakaxy Note 3 has stopped working, and I'm wondering if anyone has had an unusually good experience with any specific one of these sketchy-looking mobile shops, either around Soriya or elsewhere in PP?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Best (android) Phone Repair?

Post by explorer »

I would go to the repairer for the manufacturer. An internet search found this.

Samsung Customer Service Cambodia

Address:
Preah Monivong Blvd (93), Phnom Penh, Cambodia
It looks as if it is between streets 240 and 242.

Phone: +855 23 993 233
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

From an earlier thread:
Kuroneko wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:00 pm
bluelight wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:29 pm Anyone know a good Phnom Penh (preferably close to central market area) phone repair shop for water-damaged Galaxy phone? Thand you
Sokly Phone Shop - Central Market No.44Eo, Street 67, Phsar Thmey 2, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
(855) 23 216 725
(855) 23 216 726
http://soklyphone.com/about-us/

I have had a micro port changed on a samsung phone for $1, a screen glass replaced for $15 and a "whole screen" replaced on a Galaxy for about $70. They have always been very good and quick.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Kuroneko wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:15 pm From an earlier thread:
Kuroneko wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:00 pm
bluelight wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:29 pm Anyone know a good Phnom Penh (preferably close to central market area) phone repair shop for water-damaged Galaxy phone? Thand you
Sokly Phone Shop - Central Market No.44Eo, Street 67, Phsar Thmey 2, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
(855) 23 216 725
(855) 23 216 726
http://soklyphone.com/about-us/

I have had a micro port changed on a samsung phone for $1, a screen glass replaced for $15 and a "whole screen" replaced on a Galaxy for about $70. They have always been very good and quick.
Their google map link isn't coming up; are they inside Central Market, or in one of the buildings ringing the opposite sides of the square?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Headphone jack should be the easiest fix for any repair place tbh.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:08 pm Headphone jack should be the easiest fix for any repair place tbh.
I was thinking the same thing -- just eager to avoid the particularly sketchy places, for want of losing my data security while the phone is out of view. Probably not worth worrying about, as I presume that Russia, the PRC, *and* the DPRK all have all of our vital information already, and are each just waiting for the right time to use it.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:50 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:08 pm Headphone jack should be the easiest fix for any repair place tbh.
I was thinking the same thing -- just eager to avoid the particularly sketchy places, for want of losing my data security while the phone is out of view. Probably not worth worrying about, as I presume that Russia, the PRC, *and* the DPRK all have all of our vital information already, and are each just waiting for the right time to use it.
You can always ask one to do it while you wait (and watch). If you have a password or pattern lock I don't think there's any risk. Just take out your memory card if you're really worried.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic