Thailand "Most Dangerous Tourist Destination"

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand

Post by yong »

Wifey got robbed in Vienna train station this January, all gone passport, credit cards, cash lucky phone not gone I had to fly to help her.

Robber appear to be middle eastern or Turkish type of person, hope I don't sound politically incorrect but then what the fuck right?
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I think a person can find trouble about anywhere.
I have lived all across the USA, and in Cambodia, Jamaica, Argentina, Mexico and travelled in Zambia, London, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and all over Thailand.
I was living in Long Beach, CA during the Rodney King riots.
I think the world has changed a lot in my life and safe places I grew up in are now 2 gun towns in the US and countries my friends think I am crazy for going to are very safe. Other countries, like Mexico, are far more dangerous now than when I was a kid or young man running around down there.
I sure think getting killed in a vehicle is the easiest way to perish...
I never felt afraid in Thailand and I spent a lot of time from north to south....
But, I was not out looking for shit either.
I think the most dangerous thing about Thailand is getting mixed up with a hot gal who gets you to piss away your life savings.
things change....
Thailand has a lot of factors that make it unsafe..
But, often times it is the individual making a poor choice that gets them in the shit....or they project an easy target to the scumbags laying in wait.
I like to have locals as my friends when I am out in the wild world....
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yong wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:54 pm Wifey got robbed in Vienna train station this January, all gone passport, credit cards, cash lucky phone not gone I had to fly to help her.

Robber appear to be middle eastern or Turkish type of person, hope I don't sound politically incorrect but then what the fuck right?
there is a lot of middle eastern refugees from Syria in Europe at the minute, causing a lot of problems

also Africans immigrants too, this video is from a CCTV of a little restaurant in Italy
https://youtu.be/ayjU0-ko1f0
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:00 am
yong wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:54 pm Wifey got robbed in Vienna train station this January, all gone passport, credit cards, cash lucky phone not gone I had to fly to help her.

there is a lot of middle eastern refugees from Syria in Europe at the minute, causing a lot of problems

also Africans immigrants too, this video is from a CCTV of a little restaurant in Italy
https://youtu.be/ayjU0-ko1f0
Anyway I was in Austria again a month ago, booked a private tour for me and colleagues to Hallstatt and some other small cities. On the way back to Vienna the drive was 3 hours, so to keep the drive company I chatted with him.

Peter is a local and I wanted to know his thoughts about refugees and migrants. Before I started to ask him I did told him I want to ask him something sensitive and may upset him as he may be angry with me or think my questions are racist. Peter always the cheerful guy told me to shoot. I started by saying that as and Asian I have no part in what I was about to ask however I do not agree with the European governments freely opening their border to them refugees This Peter guy suddenly changed with fires in his eyes started to say if he has a choice he would go to Berlin take Angela Merkel to the gallows and hang here right away, "NOW!" he raised his voice.

I was pretty shock as if I touched his nerve asking this question. Then he went on and on and on about crimes, about them refugees getting weekly allowances, free smart phones and data packages, free medical care etc etc and then he asked a fair question "why don't fellow muslim states like Saudi or Jordan take them?" Yes I wonder too. Also he did not believe in statistics from Germany that crime is the same as before the refugees arrived. Peter also mentioned that many of these people came and did not learn the European culture and language and just hang around in their own ghettos refused to be assimilated.

Finally he made a very powerful statement that caught me by surprise, "For centuries we Europeans had been trying to prevent Muslim invasion but within 3 years we were flooded with them because of Angela Merkel and her gang." Errrrrrrr what an interesting drive to Vienna.
SySy
Tourist

Post by SySy »

Thai say, you foreigner you pay double price.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

SySy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:10 pm Thai say, you foreigner you pay double price.
for a 1st post, already show ur clueless :thumb:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Yes, I hope I don't sound too un-PC either, but most of the tourists getting robbed in Thailand are victim of Thai thieves, and most victims in Cambodia are robbed by locals also, so I don't know what your point is. For me, the equivalent situation here in SEA is describing Cambodian thieves as ethnic Vietnamese, or in Thailand, they like to blame the Burmese migrants for various crimes .
I think every country likes to think that someone else is responsible for their crime rate. ;)
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Yes, I hope I don't sound too un-PC either, but most of the tourists getting robbed in Thailand are victim of Thai thieves, and most victims in Cambodia are robbed by locals also, so I don't know what your point is. For me, the equivalent situation here in SEA is describing Cambodian thieves as ethnic Vietnamese, or in Thailand, they like to blame the Burmese migrants for various crimes .
I think every country likes to think that someone else is responsible for their crime rate. ;)
Agree in principal but it is a fact that many of the thieves in Western Europe are organized Roma gangs that can be sent back temporarily when caught but cannot kept away for any length of time as they come from Schengen countries.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic