Current Mortgage Interest Rates in Cambodia?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Current Mortgage Interest Rates in Cambodia?

Post by armchairlawyer »

Which banks are most active in real estate lending? Sounds like Acleda is one.
I'm particularly interested to know which are lending on new condos. That doesn't mean I want to buy one, btw.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Dilby wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:09 am Some banks only lend until you're 65.

So if you're 55 now, you will be required to pay it off within 10 years

It substantially increases monthly payments
Most banks will not loan you money after you have reached the age of 60, and NO bank will after the age of 65. That includes in Australia , although they say they dont discriminate on a age basis.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Last I checked around 11-15% (they use monthly rates though, so something like 1.1-1.3%). I didn't really shop seriously though, so I'm sure slightly better rates are available. Careful with that bubble popping! Three more years I say.

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:47 am Which banks are most active in real estate lending? Sounds like Acleda is one.
I'm particularly interested to know which are lending on new condos. That doesn't mean I want to buy one, btw.
I was looking [ not buying ] at new shophouses at Chak Angre, on the way to Takhmau , RH side and joins the new HE Boulevard, and further south past Takhmau, and all the new developments have their own finance companies that will arrange mortgages on the properties they sell.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Duncan wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:11 am Quote,

It’s hard to pin down an official government statistic for the number of the Kingdom’s households without hard title, but land rights groups have estimated the number to be as high as 85 percent.

Meanwhile, one of the Kingdom’s other major banks, ACLEDA Bank, has a different story. Not only does it lend against soft title, but its mortgage book grew over the course of the GFC.

Despite the different experiences of the two banks, there are some similarities

In Siphann, ACLEDA senior vice president and head of credit, says for long-term loans (about 10 years at ACLEDA) of more than $30,000, customers must have hard title, but otherwise, a mortgage against a soft title property is available.
Furthermore, ACLEDA’s home loan book grew 26 percent during the economic crisis, bringing its total number of customers as of September 2010 to 3,876, and its portfolio value to US$ 67 million.
Interesting...we were told the complete opposite when we met with an Acleda Loans Manager end of last year.
Duncan wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:40 am I was looking [ not buying ] at new shophouses at Chak Angre, on the way to Takhmau , RH side and joins the new HE Boulevard, and further south past Takhmau, and all the new developments have their own finance companies that will arrange mortgages on the properties they sell.
Yea, that seems to be quite common with a lot of these new shophouse borey developments, ridiculously high interest rates though compared to the banks.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Quote from,,,,, SATHAPANA Bank

Maximum loan amount

Up to 70% of the property valued
Type of Collaterals

Hard title deed or Soft Title.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9J.x ... Pmx90QzTo-
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Imagine what would happen to real estate prices in the West if mortgage loan rates were 8%+.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Rates were higher than 8% in the 80s.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
spunkywads
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by spunkywads »

This is a message for Jack R. I am new on here so I can not send you a personal message but would very much like to talk to you concerning contacts you have in banks. Would it be possible for you to send me a PM and see if we can talk? Kind Regards Spunkywads
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic