9 year old girl shoots her firearms instructor

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

9 year old girl shoots her firearms instructor

Post by Soi Dog »

He was teaching her how to shoot a f*cking sub-machine gun with her parents filming the lesson and she accidentally shot him in the head. CNN has the video (which stops slightly before the fatal shot). Not sure if the link works in Cambodia.
(CNN) -- A 9-year-old girl learning to fire a submachine gun accidentally killed her instructor at a shooting range when the weapon recoiled over her shoulder, according to Arizona authorities.
The instructor, 39-year-old Charles Vacca, died at a hospital late Monday night after he was shot in the head.
The Mohave County Sheriff's Office said the girl was with her parents. The three reside in New Jersey. The website of Bullets and Burgers, the shooting range where the accident happened, says children between the ages of 8 and 17 can shoot a weapon if accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Police said the weapon was an Uzi, an Israeli-made submachine gun that some experts say is the wrong choice of firepower for instructing a child.
Girl, 9, kills gun instructor with Uzi
Representatives of the gun range declined CNN requests for comment on the incident Wednesday. But Sam Scarmardo, who operates Bullets and Burgers, told CNN affiliate KLAS Tuesday they "really don't know what happened."
"Our guys are trained to basically hover over people when they're shooting," Scarmardo said.

more...
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/26/us/arizon ... ?hpt=hp_t1
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Re: 9 year old girl shoots her firearms instructor

Post by The Add Jay »

I call this natural selection.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Rednecks.

Evolution slowed down.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Devolution?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

I just saw it on CNN. Them Uzis really kick up on auto. He should've had his gloved hand on the barrel.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Too bad this guy from 'Sons of a Gun' wasn't teaching her or better yet HIS DAUGHTER ! LINK: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... ing-minor/ ps: i'm thinking this is worth it's own thread.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

"Stupid is as stupid does."
Forrest Gump

Learning firearms safety and supervised shooting is ok, but giving a child an automatic weapon/major caliber weapon is down right criminal. I received my first rifle at age nine. It was a break open Savage Firearms 22cal/410ga single shot. I received both NRA and parental firearms training and hunted ducks and doves with the single shot 410ga. Many, many fond memories of being in the outdoors, breathing fresh air, walking in woods and fields and parental bonding. (not to mention roast duck and dove.)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

good judgement and aim
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic