Bank accounts in the KoW. 2018

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Bank accounts in the KoW. 2018

Post by Freightdog »

I needed to setup a bank account, but due to various bureaucratic issues, I ended up with Sacombank.

It’s limited. It’s got some good things, compared to my Canadian account, but overall it’s a pain in the neck, and has now served its purpose.

What I need is a bank account with a bank that is up to modern standards. Ie. internet banking that works outside the country, easy transfers, etc.

I got irritated by ABA simply because their answers were inconsistent between branches, and even between staff within one branch. But would they offer what I need?

Answers on a quick postcard if possible
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Bank accounts in the KoW. 2018

Post by cautious colin »

Yes, ABA offers what you need. Is also pretty easy to get set up, as long as you have at least a 6 month Visa ext you should be fine.
jw85
Expatriate
Austria

Re: Bank accounts in the KoW. 2018

Post by jw85 »

avoid cimb malaysian bank at all costs
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic