Canada to fully legalise cannabis

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Canada to fully legalise cannabis

Post by hanno »

Meanwhile, a girl flogs her cookies to stoners with the munchies:

http://fortune.com/2018/10/18/canada-fi ... t-cookies/
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

paul2d wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:02 pm People seem to forget, or be totally unaware, that this decision was made by the extremist Justin Trudeau left wing government without the benefit of a referendum after receiving less that 40% of the popular vote. At least in the US states that approved marijuana there was a referendum where a majority of the voters approved it. There were calls for a referendum on this and another unrelated issue but the Trudeau government ignored these calls and moved to shove this legislation down our throats. There is considerable opposition to legalized marijuana in Canada but this goes unreported by the dishonest mainstream media, particularly the CBC (state broadcaster which benefits from $1.5 billion annually from the government). It is mainly a rural vs urban issue and it appears that the majority of stoners reside in the urban areas. The main bones of contention are drug testing for persons in the workplace (privacy concerns) and the lack of any credible or effective means of testing drivers for impairment (unlike methods for testing for alcohol impairment). The young Justin refuses to address these concerns while courting the stoner vote. Unfortunately, it will most likely take several serious injuries or deaths (or both) to get any official attention.

Recent polling suggests that if an election were called today the Trudeau Liberals would lose to the Conservative party. People are displeased with the young Justin's handling of this and other matters, including the NAFTA negotiations.

As an aside, it appears that Trudeau's obsession with this issue stems from the arrest of his younger brother decades ago for possession of marijuana during a police search of his vehicle. If I recall correctly, it was after a traffic accident. The elder Trudeau (Pierre) somehow got the police to drop charges against the younger brother: the Canadian version of tea money is the suspicion. The younger brother was subsequently lost on a ski or snowboarding trip in the Rocky Mountains that was blamed on an avalanche. The body was never found. No one knows if drugs were involved in that incident or not. In any event, it was a sad end.

"the extremist Justin Trudeau left wing government without the benefit of a referendum "
as have every other piece of legislation passed by the house of commons for the past 151 years with the exception of 3. One in 1898 concerning prohibition, those that voted for prohibitionwon but the PM decided not to go along with prhibition as the margin of victory was too slender. One was in 1942 concerning conscription. One was in 1992 concerning the Charlottetown Acoord.

3 in 151 years and you make it sound as though Trudeau did something oout of the norm? I don t have much respect for Trudeau and his policies. I have less respect for extremists who distort the facts to make their pet peeve seem legitimate.
JaceMon
Expatriate
Dominica

Post by JaceMon »

^ I would say your hair net slipped, but I have decided it was proobably with purpose.

Some people are not built to be journalists
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

JaceMon wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:50 am ^ I would say your hair net slipped, but I have decided it was proobably with purpose.

Some people are not built to be journalists
I don t wear a hairnet , journalists are trained not built.
But other than that your reply to my comment was very good.
It certainly showed me the depth of your intellect and the breadth of your wit. shallow and miniscule are the two words that pop into my short haired head
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

well they sure stole a march on the wall street fuckwits.
look at all the corporate profits.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic