Cambodian ER Retirement Visa Requirements

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Catoni
Tourist
Canada

Cambodian ER Retirement Visa Requirements

Post by Catoni »

New member here. Hello Everyone... If this is in the wrong section of the site.. or I didn't look in the right place for the answer... I apologise.

Wondering how this will effect me. I spent two months in Cambodia in 2017. Did the paperwork on the plane and got the ordinary visa at the airport when I arrived in Cambodia, then took my passport to a tourist agency which sent it in and had it extended for six months, but I returned to Canada after two months.
I will be arriving back in Cambodia first half of 2019. So I have two past Cambodian visas and stamps in my passport... the ordinary visa and the Extension visa and stamps.
What do I do in my case to get six month or 1 year visa now ?

Im thinking that for my age.. Maybe the Cambodian ER Retirement Visa might be best. I have a few questions....

What are the qualifications for the new ER Retirement Visa? My age is okay I assume. I turn 67 next month. I'm Canadian....

Would a signed letter from my bank on the bank letterhead verifying steady G.M. of Canada Ltd. pension, Canada Pension and Old Age Security income every month be sufficient to prove I can support myself ?

I could also get it notarized by a Notary Public (my lawyer) also if necessary.

Are there any medical requirements or documents to fill out ? Police background checks? I can pass all those if necessary...

I made a few good Khmer contacts when I was in Cambodia for two months last year... and we keep in touch... so I have excellent leads on a good... but very very inexpensive apartment to live at....

Are there any other good websites with the latest Cambodia Visa requirements ?

Thanks for your info everyone....... Take care.
[email protected]
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Cambodian ER Retirement Visa Requirements

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

All you need to do is get the E-type (Ordinary) Visa on arrival, and then apply for the 6 or 12 month ER (Retirement) EOS via a Visa agent...as you are over 55 no supporting documentation is required.
Catoni
Tourist
Canada

Post by Catoni »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:51 pm All you need to do is get the E-type (Ordinary) Visa on arrival, and then apply for the 6 or 12 month ER (Retirement) EOS via a Visa agent...as you are over 55 no supporting documentation is required.

Thank you....
Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Old8404 »

The conversion from E to ER with 12 month multiple entry will cost a little less than $300 (US passport - should same for Canadian?????) Be sure to change to ER will before your entry visa expires. Lucky Lucky on Monivoing Street can do all of the processing.
Catoni
Tourist
Canada

Post by Catoni »

Old8404 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:36 pm >The conversion from E to ER with 12 month multiple entry will cost a little less than $300 (US passport - should same for Canadian?????) Be sure to >change to ER will before your entry visa expires. Lucky Lucky on Monivoing Street can do all of the processing.

Thank you Old8404..... I'm not sure how long I will be in Phnom Phen.... maybe just long enough to get a few vaccinations at the Pasteur Institute... Im thinking of landing in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and taking the Giant Ibis bus overland to Phnom Phen and then Siem Reap.

I took Giant Ibis from Siem Reap ...through Poipet... and on to Bangkok last year, and was happy with their price and frindly service.

Last year I spent my two months in Siem Reap....Now I know people there and know good places to live at a very cheap price. So I will probably just pass through Phnom Phen.
Tourist agencies in Siem Reap handle regular E visa extensions for people. Maybe they can also arrange the ER converson and extensions also. I'm going to guess the cost will be the same for Canadians as U.S.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic