Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall bar ?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by badneighour »

Dara wrote:
bendix wrote:

On the plus side, it's becoming patently clear that Khmer440 is now the place that people can come and discuss paedophilia .
I think the best thing to do is, any threads about paedophiles should only come from mainstream media and unless people have prima facie evidence they should be locked straight away. No comments, if you feel you have discuss in detail about that subject to go to another site. What do ya say to dat
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Garry.Crabtree wrote:To me this conversation / argument between the two site is rather like pedophilia itself.................childish.
Sorry but my jokes about paedophilia don't get better with age.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

To be fair, Bendix raised a valid point. Members here do talk a lot of shit about his site, haha!

I loled when KiR tried to fool the public when he said he is now happily married and long to dedicate his time with his precious lover hence the sale. Twatflannel :D
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

Maybe it's time for this asshole to come around hunting pedos here
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

badneighour wrote:
Dara wrote:
bendix wrote:

On the plus side, it's becoming patently clear that Khmer440 is now the place that people can come and discuss paedophilia .
I think the best thing to do is, any threads about paedophiles should only come from mainstream media and unless people have prima facie evidence they should be locked straight away. No comments, if you feel you have discuss in detail about that subject to go to another site. What do ya say to dat
That's precisely the guidelines 440 has in place now. It's fine to have discussions talking about specific cases which come out of the newspapers / courts etc, but the moment that thread starts turning into debates about relative age limits in different countries, the discussions are killed stone dead. And unapologetically so. I don't think it does anyone any good - neither 440 nor CEO - to have that shit bandied around on our sites.

Anyway, let's move on. I think all the owners are agreed we don't want this shit lingering.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

phuketrichard wrote:I keep trying to get it back on track, but its quite obvious the two of you want to make it a thread of CEO VS K440

have fun with it.
Exactly what track are you trying to get it back on. Threads about Fletcher always descend into finger pointing, and rapidly derail. As regards the question, yes I remember him, disliked him from the first time I met him and he gave a long winded, egotistical spiel about himself. Everything that can be said about him has long ago been said, this being the case why do people feel the need to keep bringing him up? The only time he'll again be newsworthy is if/ when he gets released, and hopefully deported. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

yes, good call.
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

I remember him well and for a time I was a regular at Bogie and Bacall. When it first opened it was a great bar and the girls were well paid but as time progressed he became more and more vicious about everything Khmer. If one of the girls was negotiating with a customer he would ask the guy how much he had agreed to pay then tell him that the girl hadn't been bar fined for a while and she would go for a lot less money also if a girl didn't want to go with a customer he would deduct the barfine he would have received from the girls salary.

He had a very cute girl who lived with him but one day he switched on his computer to find that she hadn't logged out of her email account and discovered she was receiving regular monthly payments from a younger English boyfriend. After that he got worse and treated all the girls like shit so much so the majority of his regular expat customers left in disgust
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

bendix wrote: It's fine to have discussions talking about specific cases which come out of the newspapers / courts etc,but the moment that thread starts turni ... stone dead. And unapologetically so. I don't think it does anyone any good - neither 440 nor CEO - to have that shit bandied around on our sites.
I don't see why that topic makes you feel so uncomfortable. Different countries and different cultures do perceive certain aspects of human behavior much differently, and sexual age of consent is one of those aspects. It is as legitimate a topic for forum discussion as any other cultural phenomenon. Although I agree those discussions can open the door for lewd and inappropriate comments by some posters, you underestimate your readership by quashing any entire topics of discussion. Let the more lecherous posters expose themselves with their own words. Inappropriate comments will be vilified by the level-headed majority. Monitor those discussions, sure. Don't rule them out completely.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Back OT, the greasy little shit has libelled Ross from Choice.
hope he carks it in prey sar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic