Two Sisters Living Alone, Aged 14 and 7, Found Murdered

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Two Sisters Living Alone, Aged 14 and 7, Found Murdered

Post by newkidontheblock »

Just saw this on SeaTV this morning. Horrific! RiP to the two girls. Prey Sar is too good for the perpetrator. Please give him to mob justice when done with the show trial.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Thank goodness for CPU. Remember Ricketson’s long war against the NGO and the insults heaped on the good Aussie copper on his blog.
bussterr
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by bussterr »

CPU FACE BOOK PAGE

Fantastic result for Task Force "Quebec" Double Homicide.

I want to take this opportunity to commend and praise the members of Joint Task For "Quebec" who worked tirelessly to investigate the double homicide of two young girls from the 17th to the 22nd of October 2018.

Few people will understand the challenges, impact and drain such an investigation has on those tasked with one of the most important roles to be bestowed on an investigator, the investigation of the death of another human being.

I cannot speak highly enough of the CPU Homicide Team, Kompong Chhnang Police Command, Deputy Commissioner Duch Chamroeun, CPU and MOI Crime Scene Teams and Task Force members involved in this investigation, their dedication and commitment was exemplary.

Few people will know of or understand the behind the scenes coordination and management of a major investigation such as this. I am not sure why Homicide 31 and 32 of 2018 attracted an enormous amount of media attention and emotion from the cambodian and international communities, was it due to the viral video of the offence (which the CPU did not sanction or post) was it because it was two young children, was it the enormous outpouring of grief and anger from the community, I really don't know what made these two homicides so different from the 30 that came before. I believe all homicides especially of children demand the same outcry.

What I do know is that it placed an enormous responsibility and strain on the JTF commanders to ensure that a thorough and meticulous investigation was conducted and the correct offender identified and arrested. The public was rightly demanding action as were the leaders of this country and to their credit the JTF delivered.

The team remained focused and explored all options and scenarios it would have been very easy to have fallen into the trap of targeting and focusing on an individual that was the initial primary suspect and who was later cleared. It was only through determination and meticulous investigation that the JTF identified the real offender and that was done by interviewing or speaking to nearly every resident in the commune. The fact that the JTF had detained 3 persons of interest was not released to the media. These individuals were interrogated and statements were obtained. It was then the JTFs role to find and prove every lie in their statement there were NO eyewitnesses to the crime and little forensic evidence however through sheer determination a timeline developed and the correct offender identified and when confronted with the overwhelming evidence against him, he confessed.

I was extremely proud to be apart of this investigation and manage a great team. I congratulate you all on your outstanding efforts and commitment to this investigation. We have fulfilled the promise to the victims, they will see justice served the suspect will be charged today's date with 2 counts of aggravated murder which carries a life sentence.

I congratulate you all JTF Quebec.

RIP little ones.

https://www.facebook.com/cpucambodia/po ... __tn__=K-R
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

Post by Kinetic »

bussterr wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:47 pm I am not sure why Homicide 31 and 32 of 2018 attracted an enormous amount of media attention and emotion from the cambodian and international communities, was it due to the viral video of the offence (which the CPU did not sanction or post) was it because it was two young children, was it the enormous outpouring of grief and anger from the community, I really don't know what made these two homicides so different from the 30 that came before. I believe all homicides especially of children demand the same outcry.
Maybe because they have the face of 2 cute angels. Just horrible to imagine these kids being raped and killed. It's heartbrokenfor all the parents, for all the human beings.
bussterr wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:47 pm I was extremely proud to be apart of this investigation and manage a great team. I congratulate you all on your outstanding efforts and commitment to this investigation. We have fulfilled the promise to the victims, they will see justice served the suspect will be charged today's date with 2 counts of aggravated murder which carries a life sentence.
Good job :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

The accused re-enacts his despicable act at 35.05.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydDiqpDqg_4&t=2492s
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

The poor darlings :(
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Unbelievably horrifying. Those poor girls. Two young, innocent, promising lives snuffed out in what must have been insanely terrifying circumstances, for a few minutes of sick, twisted pleasure.

As a principle I don't believe in the death penalty, but in this case I'd be happy to forgo that if the death was a long, drawn out, hideously torturous one. And when I say drawn out, I'm talking months.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic