Khmer Fail

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Khmer Fail

Post by newkidontheblock »

Posting pics is back on the menu. Now the the ads pic button is above the keyboard. Whoever fixed it in Tapatalk, kudos.

Here’s a khmer fail. Seen many a pig on the streets taken to market on a moto, this one didn’t make it. Pig wins.

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Khmer Fail

Post by Freightdog »

Pig wins in a Karma sort of way? He (presumption, not important) doesn't look up to celebrating his victory...
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:05 am Posting pics is back on the menu. Now the the ads pic button is above the keyboard. Whoever fixed it in Tapatalk, kudos.

Here’s a khmer fail. Seen many a pig on the streets taken to market on a moto, this one didn’t make it. Pig wins.

Google the image and it’s been posted all over SE Asia. Not necessarily Cambodia.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

SinnSisamouth wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:03 pm Google the image and it’s been posted all over SE Asia. Not necessarily Cambodia.
Ah, give the bloke a break. Everyone knows he is the most naive long term tourist in the country. :lol:
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Hotdigr wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:16 pm
SinnSisamouth wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:03 pm Google the image and it’s been posted all over SE Asia. Not necessarily Cambodia.
Ah, give the bloke a break. Everyone knows he is the most naive long term tourist in the country. :lol:
I just don’t get why people slag off their adopted country.

Not just him but some long termers too.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

bangkokhooker wrote:I just don’t get why people slag off their adopted country.

Such friendly demeanor. No wonder newbies, long term lurkers, and locals are afraid to share.

As to slagging off to my adopted country. I’m half attached to it for life. Will always be a tourist here.

Just walked around the village with the missus and the nephews and niece last evening.

The villagers were surprised that I didn’t look like a sexpat nor a mainland Chinese that kidnaps local women.

Newest villager gossip after the announcement. After the money flash, I must be paying a super huge amount for the wedding. And that I’m buying land and a building house in the village for missus.

Will wait a little longer for the villagers to spread new rumors that I’m spending a million on the whole thing (dollars, not riel) and that she’s getting a Lexus to boot.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

bangkokhooker wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:37 pm
Hotdigr wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:16 pm
I just don’t get why people slag off their adopted country.

Well me being closely related to the Ngapuhi tribe in The Land of the Long White Cloud, I would never slag off my adopted country across the ditch or my cousins that live there.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:50 am

Such friendly demeanor. No wonder newbies, long term lurkers, and locals are afraid to share.

As to slagging off to my adopted country. I’m half attached to it for life. Will always be a tourist here.

Just walked around the village with the missus and the nephews and niece last evening.

The villagers were surprised that I didn’t look like a sexpat nor a mainland Chinese that kidnaps local women.

Newest villager gossip after the announcement. After the money flash, I must be paying a super huge amount for the wedding. And that I’m buying land and a building house in the village for missus.

Will wait a little longer for the villagers to spread new rumors that I’m spending a million on the whole thing (dollars, not riel) and that she’s getting a Lexus to boot.
Not sure what a sexpat looks like but a guy who comes over to an impoverished country looking to find a woman, then refers to " importing " her back to his home country like something acquired off Amazon overseas wouldn't be far off the mark for me.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Khmer Fail

Post by kiwiincambodia »

newkidontheblock wrote:

Not to burst your bubble but if the villagers are saying that they have probably been told that from either your Mrs or some of her family.

Even if it’s not true the rumors are a great way for them to look good to the villagers.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

New kid does seem to think he’s a class above every other expat here.

I’ve got news for you; You’re not the first to marry a “good girl” and get lots of attention from locals and family. It’ll soon wear off.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic