Japanese for Jesus

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Japanese for Jesus

Post by Barang chgout »

kampotfarmer wrote:
prahocalypse now wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:36 pm
kampotfarmer wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:45 pm
What do you grow?
Being in Kampot, pepper, papaya and coconut. Trying myself on Australian heat resistant blueberries and vanilla now.
Good luck with the vanilla.
I guess you got it from the pepper crew.
Do you really think you have the right climate there in Kampot?
Serious question as we've got a bit going on up here in Osoam too.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Vanilla will do well there I am sure. I grew it very successfully in Far North Queensland.
Will give it a try in Kep next year.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Are you sure that those were Japanese Christians protesting? Christianity is an imported foreign religion, unlike Asian religions such as Buddhism or home grown ones such as Shintoism. Also Christianity is a clear minority. Japanese conformity isn’t really conducive to protests, unless in a conformist manner. Also with low birth rates, the government is encouraging marriage to gaigins.

Maybe those were native Okinawans protesting? The middle of the island is a giant military base.

Japanese adopted western science and ideas to save their culture from being conquered by the Westerners. The side benefits of medicine and better food is not as important as preserving what it means to be Japanese.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:01 am Are you sure that those were Japanese Christians protesting? Christianity is an imported foreign religion, unlike Asian religions such as Buddhism or home grown ones such as Shintoism. Also Christianity is a clear minority. Japanese conformity isn’t really conducive to protests, unless in a conformist manner. Also with low birth rates, the government is encouraging marriage to gaigins.

Maybe those were native Okinawans protesting? The middle of the island is a giant military base.

Japanese adopted western science and ideas to save their culture from being conquered by the Westerners. The side benefits of medicine and better food is not as important as preserving what it means to be Japanese.
https://priestshavebecomecesspoolsofimp ... dorfs.html
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:51 am
I lived on japan, five visits all up and i can tell you there is a fine line in being "polite" and " fake".

They actually xenaphobic of the outside world and still hold prejudice towards all other asians.

Similiar to thais they only tolerate outsiders.
You forgot about Koreans. :D
You could be next.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:53 am
Beerinthemorning wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:51 am
I lived on japan, five visits all up and i can tell you there is a fine line in being "polite" and " fake".

They actually xenaphobic of the outside world and still hold prejudice towards all other asians.

Similiar to thais they only tolerate outsiders.
You forgot about Koreans. :D
And Australians. They are even deporting Kiwis now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic