I am having difficulties finding a residence

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Re: I am having difficulties finding a residence

Post by TOG »

For God's sake....He is a Geordie.

All he needs is sawdust on the floor, draft beer, someone else's cigarettes and food and a place to piss.

It's not asking too much.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
geordiesky
Expatriate
Kazakhstan

Post by geordiesky »

You Sir, Are right!

Of course it is not asking too much.
I guess you have to see it in terms of not being a foreigner, let alone Khmer. Rather the location in itself and whether or not it is situated in the right neighbourhood.
That's what important. Not that you are a foreigner.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Check out this site. Plenty of choice for all budgets.

https://www.khmer24.com/en/homes/apartm ... -rent.html
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

One thing I noticed when I was searching online was that most (all?) khmer rental sites had non working search functions...very frustrating if you are trying to narrow down a particular area in PP or price or requirement eg 1 bed.. The Khmer24 one is no exception. :Search:
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by AdvisorExpertTravel »

AdvisorExpertTravel wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:20 pm
geordiesky wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:34 am I guess I am looking for serviced apartments.
Thanks for the links. Is there any point to not doing it directly?

I mean going through the internet and doing it all there?
I just feel that I am being thwarted at every turn here. Always some small thing like electric going out for hours at the time, or noise from the neighbours, some bad smell that was not apparent while moving in / out etc.

It's not normal by my standards. I mean not anything is going to be taken for given here, is there?
And I can tell you right now I am not being snobby my threshold is actually pretty wide besides the few basics, you know.

I guess I have been very unlucky in my endevours thus far.

Sorry but if you are not ready to live in a dump you should move to Thailand. Everything is cheaper and better. For $150/month you can have a very nice room in a small city. A lot cleaner and with people who are a lot more educated than in Cambodia.
Cambodia can be fine for some reasons, but not yours it seems.

So sad for these people who do not like the truth to be said. Yes guys, you are living in a dump, you like it or not, you give me bad karma or not, you are still in the dump <3

Enjoy your power, especially the one who think about himself as a moderator when he is actually not even able to write a complete sentence but no more than 4 words in a row.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

AdvisorExpertTravel wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:14 pm
AdvisorExpertTravel wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:20 pm
geordiesky wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:34 am I guess I am looking for serviced apartments.
Thanks for the links. Is there any point to not doing it directly?

I mean going through the internet and doing it all there?
I just feel that I am being thwarted at every turn here. Always some small thing like electric going out for hours at the time, or noise from the neighbours, some bad smell that was not apparent while moving in / out etc.

It's not normal by my standards. I mean not anything is going to be taken for given here, is there?
And I can tell you right now I am not being snobby my threshold is actually pretty wide besides the few basics, you know.

I guess I have been very unlucky in my endevours thus far.

Sorry but if you are not ready to live in a dump you should move to Thailand. Everything is cheaper and better. For $150/month you can have a very nice room in a small city. A lot cleaner and with people who are a lot more educated than in Cambodia.
Cambodia can be fine for some reasons, but not yours it seems.

So sad for these people who do not like the truth to be said. Yes guys, you are living in a dump, you like it or not, you give me bad karma or not, you are still in the dump <3

Enjoy your power, especially the one who think about himself as a moderator when he is actually not even able to write a complete sentence but no more than 4 words in a row.
Ummm, that's your opinion :trollz: . But, no, we are not all living in a dump, and frankly that's not very helpful for someone looking for an apartment in Phnom Penh.
Some people prefer Cambodia for their own reasons, and do not wish to live elsewhere. The reasons are not always materialist.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Just a photo of the dump I live in....Image

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

And heres mine over on Chroy Changvar, very quiet location and only ten minutes into town :D

beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

:stir:
Last edited by beaker on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

beaker wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:12 pm The view from the balcony of our $100./mo, 2 story, 2 bedroom villa in Ta Khmao right on the Tonge Sap river only 8kms from Independence Monument.

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic