The life of Cambodian on my camera

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: The life of Cambodian on my camera

Post by Samouth »

I took this picture a couple week ago when i was having lunch at a restaurant near my work place. I looked at these two kids from distance and I was blocked by their backs so i didn't really see and know what they were doing. Then, then when i finished my lunch, i walked closer to see what they were really doing down there. Unexpectedly they were having their lunch/ brunch. The foods didn't really look like fresh foods. It looked more like leftover. They mixed water with their rice and ate together. It is not easy to look.

This Friday, i went to that restaurant again and i saw them again. This time it was a bit different as i saw them sitting on the chair and having proper lunch. There was a generous guy invited them for lunch. Kudos to the guy. :bow:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:51 pm all bkktrapper said was that they can still smile and have a laugh, where as most people in the western world would be miserable cunts in the same situation, most are miserable cunts in general, even if the Khmer are just smiling to save face or whatever
In the west they act like miserable, in the far eat they act happy......

Even if it is an act which one would you prefer?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:16 pm In the west they act like miserable, in the far eat they act happy......

exactly
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Beerinthemorning wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:51 pm all bkktrapper said was that they can still smile and have a laugh, where as most people in the western world would be miserable cunts in the same situation, most are miserable cunts in general, even if the Khmer are just smiling to save face or whatever
In the west they act like miserable, in the far eat they act happy......

You got some solid mates there kid.
I call bullshit but I guess shovelling asphalt has it's own social rewards.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic