Questions about Garage Bar Incident

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Questions about Garage Bar Incident

Post by Yobbo »

I would of thought that Cam Nivag aka Gavin Mac would be able to shed a bit of light on this providing he hasn't been hit with the KIR styled FLB ban hammer!
The General is quite also :please:
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Cinnamoncat wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:04 am My late ex= LTO aka Casey Nelson. He was not there, and was glad about that, but the fellow making the disturbance was looking for LTO, KIR, and one other person, as I understand. Both KIR and LTO have passed away, KIR first, and LTO December 7th, 2016.
Oh ok, sorry, didn't know your handle. I knew your ex very well and was at his funeral where you and I met. Again, sorry for your loss, he was a great guy and constant font of knowledge. I had forgotten they were looking for LTO as well...

The antagonist of this story has 9 lives and is very much still around and is in business in Phnom Penh.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I believe that Ken was working in Perth at the time. Why the dumb copper was obsessed with him who knows. But they were also looking for KIR, LTO and a few others. Why LTO and not Ricecakes who knows. I loved Ricecakes post when he asked if Morrish arrived in the Lexus.
It was a very dumb thing to and brought Morrish undone with his biggest donor. His worst stroke of bad luck was a new volunteer going to live with that Kiwi who wrote a blog. The volunteer was a finance person and office manager and found that the financials were very shonky indeed.
And KIR was actually in the bar and they didn’t know! The Australian journo and photographer appearing and writing a story was very bad luck indeed. It seemed that this Svay character had some excellent contacts in Australia and knew the media would love the story.
There was some quite serious politics involved with one of the gang who had to do some fast talking after the incident. Svay was advised by his Embassy to leave the country to which he fell down laughing.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Duncan wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:38 am When I said , get your facts straight . Thats 3 owners that have sold, not 4.
Thanks for that now my facts are straight then. What events do you mean gave Garage bar a bad history that made you stop going there and everyone else remembers?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

fax wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:34 pm
Duncan wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:38 am When I said , get your facts straight . Thats 3 owners that have sold, not 4.
Thanks for that now my facts are straight then. What events do you mean gave Garage bar a bad history that made you stop going there and everyone else remembers?

Quote.
it could be the reason I dont drink there any more.
Spoiler:
Should have added ,, or anywhere else
fax,, please get your facts straight,,, I didn't say I stopped going there. I dont drink alcohol . Understand.

I bet you would Love to have a drink with Duncan.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Let’s just say Garage Bar did not have bad history and this is the only thing to bring up. You got carried away it’s okay it happens...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

willyhilly wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:01 pm I loved Ricecakes post when he asked if Morrish arrived in the Lexus.
That doesn't make sense, the guy drove a late model Range Rover.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Of course he did, silly me. What does he drive now?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Skoda. Is it some kind of riddle?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic