Tourist worries

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Rowena
Tourist
Philippines

Re: Tourist worries

Post by Rowena »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:41 pm Another piece of advice:

If somebody compliments you on your hat, do this :hattip: , and run.
Why run sir? Thanks
Rowena
Tourist
Philippines

Post by Rowena »

Thanks
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Rowena wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:10 pm
prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:41 pm Another piece of advice:

If somebody compliments you on your hat, do this :hattip: , and run.
Why run sir? Thanks
They are scammers. They will start a conversation with you, and then one thing will lead to another, and before you know it you are at their house playing a card game which always ends with you losing money.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

And if a monk asks you for money, do this: :voilent1:
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Avoid fellow counyrmen who invite you to their home for a friendly game of cards.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Dilby
Expatriate
Argentina

Post by Dilby »

I have a nice hat and my sister is studying nursing in (pick any country)

I am good at gossiping, btw
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Dilby wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:29 pm I have a nice hat and my sister is studying nursing (pick any country)
At St Mary's hospital, she is going there for 2 years.....Please you come to have lunch..........
In my case it was a 3 course meal, very nice lunch indeed :)
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

PP to Siem Reap. Take an IBIS bus - can get the overnight bus (you can actually sleep) for $15/person. Leaves at 11:00 and 11:30 I believe from their terminal. Just as an fyi - when arriving - your basically centrally located and a tuk tuk to anywhere in the tourist area shouldn't be more than $3. If your staying somewhere remote then $5.

Personally I don't think much to really see in PP for more than two days.

Siem Reap. Depends what you want to spend. Be aware that Angkor Wat tickets are now $37/day per person.(you can get tickets for multiple days but I can't remember off the top of my head what the new prices are.)

Couple of night markets in the central tourist area near pub street. Some decent restaurants in the area also - trip advisor will give you a rundown. At night your going to be with a bunch of backpackers - if thats your thing - great - if not you'll be a bit disappointed. Siem Reap is not really a nightlife town.

Do you want a car/van (a/c) or tuk-tuk to take you around? Car/Van $40-50 for a day and Tuk-Tuk 20 to take you around to temples. Not a whole heck of a lot to see outside Angkor Wat - the temples are a great way to spend a few days. Avoid young guys if going the tuk tuk route - most of them are from the province and have little/no knowledge of the area. I'd recommend staying at a hotel with a decent pool as after hitting the temples you'll really like taking a swim when returning late afternoon/early evening.

Enjoy the trip!
Rowena
Tourist
Philippines

Post by Rowena »

TWY wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:18 pm PP to Siem Reap. Take an IBIS bus - can get the overnight bus (you can actually sleep) for $15/person. Leaves at 11:00 and 11:30 I believe from their terminal. Just as an fyi - when arriving - your basically centrally located and a tuk tuk to anywhere in the tourist area shouldn't be more than $3. If your staying somewhere remote then $5.

Personally I don't think much to really see in PP for more than two days.

Siem Reap. Depends what you want to spend. Be aware that Angkor Wat tickets are now $37/day per person.(you can get tickets for multiple days but I can't remember off the top of my head what the new prices are.)

Couple of night markets in the central tourist area near pub street. Some decent restaurants in the area also - trip advisor will give you a rundown. At night your going to be with a bunch of backpackers - if thats your thing - great - if not you'll be a bit disappointed. Siem Reap is not really a nightlife town.

Do you want a car/van (a/c) or tuk-tuk to take you around? Car/Van $40-50 for a day and Tuk-Tuk 20 to take you around to temples. Not a whole heck of a lot to see outside Angkor Wat - the temples are a great way to spend a few days. Avoid young guys if going the tuk tuk route - most of them are from the province and have little/no knowledge of the area. I'd recommend staying at a hotel with a decent pool as after hitting the temples you'll really like taking a swim when returning late afternoon/early evening.

Enjoy the trip!
Thank you very much, sir
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic