Long term parking at Phnom Penh airport?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Long term parking at Phnom Penh airport?

Post by whiteribbon »

Was wondering if any of the expats here have a solution to the expensive long term parking problem at PP airport? I pay $100 a week in my secure airport parking in Europe, here in Cambodia it's double that price and while I don't mind paying for convenience, it's just too expensive for the longer trips. Surely there must be cheaper, safe alternatives close to the PP airport, I just haven't found them yet?
just noise, white noise
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Long term parking at PP airport

Post by General Mackevili »

Why not just take a taxi to the airport and leave your car where it's normally parked? That has to be the most convenient and cheapest possible solution.

Is there a benefit to driving yourself there that could possibly be worth the extra expense of parking it somewhere near the airport?

[That's assuming you live in Phnom Penh.]
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 am Why not just take a taxi to the airport and leave your car where it's normally parked? That has to be the most convenient and cheapest possible solution.

Is there a benefit to driving yourself there that could possibly be worth the extra expense of parking it somewhere near the airport?

Agree. I think the OP is in Kep, but it's still got to be cheaper to get a taxi.
Or you could ask on PP FB if anyone has a garage to rent.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Anchor Moy wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 am Why not just take a taxi to the airport and leave your car where it's normally parked? That has to be the most convenient and cheapest possible solution.

Agree. I think the OP is in Kep, but it's still got to be cheaper to get a taxi.
Or you could ask on PP FB if anyone has a garage to rent.
Ah, then I get it. I guess they want to have their car in Phnom Penh during their time there. Yeah, even then, maybe best to find the cheapest parking in the city, so it's there, and then call Grab from there. Guess that could all be a bit of a hassle though.

Maybe stop at a hotel near the airport that doesn't look like they charge by the hour and ask them how long for XX days. They might have a lot room and be glad to strike a deal.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Oh yes forget to mention I don't live in or close to PP and my flight arrivals/departures are usually at times where its impossible to get a taxi. So it's really a question about cheap parking close to PP airport if there is any? Surely there must be cheaper (less than 30$ a day) parking very close to the airport?
just noise, white noise
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: Long term parking at Phnom Penh airport?

Post by LaudJohn »

I park my car in a private parking place in the heart of PP that costs $2 per day. Uber to the Airport in less than $10. When I was living in SHV I always overnighted in PP prior to traveling in case of any delays on the way up.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Depends on what sort of system the airport uses - do they give you a printed card with arrival time and date at the entrance? If so read the terms and conditions - it may say the minimum fee for a lost ticket is x$.

If so you can try what I used to do in Australia - throw away the ticket and when you return from your trip put your larger bags in the car then go to the service desk with a small flight bag and say that you have been to XXX for 2 days and you cant find the ticket. The customer service peeps have no idea so will charge you a 2 day rate and issue an exit card. I used to leave my car for up to 3 weeks in short term parking right opposite the terminal undercover. There are so many cars per day coming and going so they have no way of checking ctv footage nor do they care as long as some fee is paid.

Worth a try !
Soyoung123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soyoung123 »

Bumping this thread. Anyone know of secure parking in PP. Airport is around $30 a day. Would rather find something in the city and tuk tuk to and from airport. Any feedback appreciated.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I would ask at seasons service appartements on 144, they have nice garage with 24/7 security, one of my friends lieft his bike there for 18 months during Covid, no idea what they will charge you if you dont live there, but they are nice people and off-season probably happy to charge "anything". I parked a couple of years ago a rented car in a big parking on 130 before the traffic-lights from Norodom on your lefthandside. Knever knew it was a parking, but the receptionist from City-centre-hotel took me there, and it was pretty cheap i remember. Dont know it still exists, there are no signs, just get in the main-gate. On sattelite you can see still a lot of cars inside !!
Its on google-maps now as "DAUN PENH TAX BRANCH" but thats says nothing !!
11.570461159735583, 104.924871916076 !!
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

kgbagent wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:36 am Depends on what sort of system the airport uses - do they give you a printed card with arrival time and date at the entrance? If so read the terms and conditions - it may say the minimum fee for a lost ticket is x$.

If so you can try what I used to do in Australia - throw away the ticket and when you return from your trip put your larger bags in the car then go to the service desk with a small flight bag and say that you have been to XXX for 2 days and you cant find the ticket. The customer service peeps have no idea so will charge you a 2 day rate and issue an exit card. I used to leave my car for up to 3 weeks in short term parking right opposite the terminal undercover. There are so many cars per day coming and going so they have no way of checking ctv footage nor do they care as long as some fee is paid.

Worth a try !
modern airport parking has a number plate recognition/reading in place when you enter the parking lot. They will find your entry date/time within seconds and add some extra costs for losing your ticket. Not to speak about losing a lot of time to clear your issue. But worth trying in low-tec parking spaces.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic