If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by Soi Dog »

R3DDO8 wrote:Is there mens forum in Cambodia?

One seems to be for kids who want to bitchslap and the other for a bunch of queens to backslap.

What gives.
Then why don't you start some new threads on either forum concerning the manly subjects you feel are lacking? I look forward to your wise, well-thought-out and macho new topics. :thumb:
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: What's up with the 440 Link Modification?

Post by Mr Curious »

the long and short of it is the internet is turning to crap as more and more ppl turn it into a big billboard. The change there is ALL about money as I see it. While it started out as a need (no other forum) and was fun, it morphed into money. The "girly" and drug talk was curtailed (one might wonder how this was done sometimes. I suspect certain posts were often just made to disappear). This got moreso over the last year that I can see. The new guy gets lots of asskissing, but he's NEW there and it's a BUSINESS to him. He's very matter of fact. Which is somewhat of a pleasant change considering how things had gotten before him.

This whole google linking/money thing has/will spoil a lot of "mainstream" type sites I think. Oddly I think one has more freedom of speech in the average mall. If you think spelling/grammar nazi's are annoying, imagine that same mentality given over to "google acceptable practices" maintenance. What you want to say on a site comes secondary to what THEY want to DO with the site in many cases.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

giblet wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:And I'm telling you Google still counts them (a bit lower... But still).

In my google webmaster tools they show up as links in cases I KNOW there set as nofollow.
Show some evidence. Just because they show up in Webmaster Tools doesn't mean that Google gives any "link juice" to them (I can't believe I just used that term)--they have clearly said that they don't. They have also said that they don't negatively penalize you if you nofollow link to crappy sites.
Matt Cutts (the lead guy at Google who controls the knobs and dials on their search algorithm) has stated that their engine takes "nofollow" literally and does not "follow" the link at all. But studies reveal that Google does follow the link, but it does not index the linked-to page, unless it was in Google's index already for other reasons (such as other, DoFollow links that point to the page). This is an important piece of the equation that should be noted. 
http://www.weidert.com/whole_brain_mark ... SEO-Beyond
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

EXACTLY:
but it does not index the linked-to page, unless it was in Google's index already for other reasons (such as other, DoFollow links that point to the page). This is an important piece of the equation that should be noted.

Your premiss was u did not want to give a link to K440 so by using the no follow your not. a its not index'd

OR, if that is not the reason, BUT you only don't want posters here to visit another site , that is rather childish

Forums have 2 purposes
1. to entertain
2. to inform
How does Google handle nofollowed links?

In general, we don't follow them. This means that Google does not transfer PageRank or anchor text across these links. Essentially, using nofollow causes us to drop the target links from our overall graph of the web. However, the target pages may still appear in our index if other sites link to them without using nofollow
Nofollow links definitely don’t pass PageRank.
Last edited by phuketrichard on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Your leaving out the second part of that sentence.... "UNLESS it was already in google's index"... Which theirs are. Its not the indexing, but the registering of the "link to page".

Also, doing nofollow on the whole thing would shut out benefits to others. In general we feel like sites about Cambodia should help each other be found...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

than dont fucking worry; if it already there... its there.

Do you have any idea how many back links it takes to raise a sites PR>
hundreds if not tens of thousands of relevant links.

Allow all links
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

phuketrichard wrote:than dont fucking worry; if it already there... its there.

Do you have any idea how many back links it takes to raise a sites PR>
hundreds if not tens of thousands of relevant links.

Allow all links
Where are you getting this?! Lol. A few dozen well placed ones can have a major impact. Hell... Even one or two can move a site up a position in relative results... And sometime up one position is all the difference it takes.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ur dreaming
i have been doing seo for over 12 years.....
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Are you still using the theories you learned in year 1?

Hell... Look at this site. The addition of about 6 site links (2 of them nofollow) and it was ranking nice and high on a few of the target phrases in a few weeks.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

The Robin Williams thread went ballistic in a day, which would have affected rankings.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic